 General / 33792
Re: I miss the old LUGNET...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 19:45:04 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.general, Nick Crocco writes:
Yes, I miss the old LUGNET. • <major snippin'>
I miss Todd. Yes, Suz is doing an EXCELLENT job, but I still miss Todd. I
remember how he used to help me with my html for my site, giving my pointers
and so forth. Yes he's still around (hi Todd if yur reading this), but it's
not the same.

I have to agree with Nick here...Todd and I talked on several occasions
about this and that; mostly "orbiting" around Classic Space stuff.  I'll
definitely miss those conversations, since I'm not about to go bugging him
on emails.  I don't even know if his address is the same, nor do I intend on
checking into it.

In Suzanne's defense, I've never had a conversation with her, but on the
other hand most of the posts I see from her are strictly of the
administrative sort; "Tone down on the language" and so on.  With respect,
her job's tougher than Todd's was, but perhaps partially because she treats
it like one.

Lugnet's huge now compared to when Todd dragged my ten bucks out of me back
in late '99...so I suppose the personal treatment is fairly tough to offer
out now that we've gone from 2-digit member numbers like mine to well into
the 4-digit arena.

Matt Chiles, a fellow Space enthusiast and shining star in the AFOL
community, recently pointed out to me that Todd's even allowed his
fibblesnork and auczilla URL's to expire.  How sad, indeed.    I almost feel
as though Todd's waned interest took LUGNET's true soul with it, along with
a good portion of my own interest in the site and Lego in general.  Of
course, the poor offerings from TLC of late haven't helped this at all.  So
I'll admit to bias.

The set database updates have been too sporadic for the service to be useful
to me anymore, to boot.  The 10019 Blockade Runner took about 90 seconds to
appear, but I'm still waiting to see pics for those myterious 7320-3 LOM
mini-fig sets readily available at brickset, or the very commonly found
78777 LOM Value Pack to be listed at all.  Am I missing something?  Is there
a way to upload these images myself?  Apologies for my lack of knowledge here.

Maybe smaller, offshoot sites maintained by more interested parties could be
possible?  LUGNET Castle, LUGNET Space, etc., with more interactive (or more
accessibly interactive, if they indeed already are interactive) set
databases? The important news links would be available on all these new
"tentacle" sites, but I could be spared all things Bionicle and Harry Potter
otherwise?  I'd pay an additional ten bucks for another membership number at
LUGNET-Space.com!

But frankly, were I new here at pain old LUGNET, I don't think Suzanne or
anyone else would be able to drag that Hamilton out of me these days.

--Dave (jot and jab) -- member #95

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx