 General / 33776
33775  |  33777
Subject:
I miss the old LUGNET...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 06:25:02 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Yes, I miss the old LUGNET.

I miss people actually replying to a post. Two+ years ago, when I first
found out about Lugnet, every post I made was replied to numerous times by
friendly people just making small talk, telling me how much they enjoy my
creations, or even constructive criticism. Now, it seems that the only
extraordinary posts get recognition. I spent a long time writing and
creating objects that the fellow community would enjoy, and nobody would
reply. Not even a quick nice job. The reason I post here in the first place
was to hear the constructive criticism and comments. But without that,
what's the reason?

I miss the old layout. In my opinion (yes, I know a lot of people will
disagree) I loved the old layout. The news was the main attraction of
Lugnet, so that was the main page. Now, with the different main page, it
seems like Lugnet has lost it's focus. I don't really like the idea of how
the most 'popular' links are shown on the left of the page. Every topic is
equally important, plus, half the fun of Lugnet is exploring around and
finding the interesting topics. Besides, heated topics/info is usually in
the newly written box often, making it easier to find.

I miss the old "Cool Lego Site of the Week." Remember when winning the Cool
Lego Site of the Week was something special? I do. Now it seems like
everybody and their room-mates have won one. There are only so many Lego
sites (yes, there are a lot, but only so many) and giving out and award a
week, everyone will eventually have one. Many Cool Lego Site of the Month?

I miss the old posting procedure. I don't like the whole "Lugnet Member"
thing. Personally, I don't have a means to pay for a membership. I barely
have enough money between college and necessities to live off of. I also
dislike the new "e-mail confirmation" thing. You know how many people would
have written a small "that's really awesome" comment on a message, but don't
because of the extra step. I know the reason for the implementation of the
e-mail confirmation, but why should members have it better than everyone
else? Yes Lugnet needs money to keep up, but how about another means? Link
banners anyone?

I miss Todd. Yes, Suz is doing an EXCELLENT job, but I still miss Todd. I
remember how he used to help me with my html for my site, giving my pointers
and so forth. Yes he's still around (hi Todd if yur reading this), but it's
not the same.

I miss the old Lugnet. Yes, I know things change and people change, but not
even Lugnet can stay the same. I know a lot of people will disagree with me
on a number of issues, but this is my own personal opinion, which I am free
to express. Sorry guys, It's something that I just had to say...

~Nick