 General / 33878
Re: Perhaps Lugnet can grow into something better? was: I miss the old Lugnet
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 04:36:22 GMT

In lugnet.general, Joel Kuester wrote:
In lugnet.general, Allan Bedford writes:
True enough.  Since this is essentially a site whose content is driven • by
its users, then change should be anything that any of us can imagine.

One of the more untapped ideas I think we could try and play with more is • to
think of it more as a database, and bring those aspects forward, like • what
Jon Palmer did with .space discussions on his Galactic Shipyard.  I • thought
that was a great idea.  Maybe the main theme pages could host links to • major
or re-curring threads?  I'd love to see a lot of ideas get revisited from
time to time, but going back and tracking down old threads isn't easy • unless
there are enough 'tagwords' involved.

I think that's a great idea, and the curators of various themes should
indeed keep such links active on the theme page.

:)

Dan