 General / 33877
Re: Ewoks, Yoda, Lobot pics at FBTB
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 03:31:48 GMT

This is not intended to be an attack on TLC designers - just a discussion!

In lugnet.general, Jason J. Railton writes:
But, if they can paint Chewbacca, why can't they paint the ewoks?  At least
spot the nose and eyes in black.

I'm surprised that the Ewoks don't have standard minifig heads (brown/lt.
brown/tan/grey with whiskers of course) and long brown/lt. brown/tan hoods.
This method would have presented more face-hood colour variations, aswell as
allowing the pieces to be re-used creatively.
As they are, these head-pieces are always going to be Ewoks, whereas the
hoods would have made good for all sorts of peasants, and minifig heads
would have allowed Ewoks to climb into a space-suit or wear long hair or a
cute little red cap....

I can understand Gungans being one-colour one-piece heads (I quite like
them), but I suspect that there is a little too much emphasis being placed
on realistic looking faces rather than LEGOesque representaions.

I dunno... whadya reckon?

jemgnu