 General / 33910
Re: Ewoks, Yoda, Lobot pics at FBTB
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 6 Nov 2001 01:50:59 GMT

i think the design lego chose will allow the ewoks to be slightly less tall
than an ordinary minifig.. if they followed your 'head and hood' idea, the
ewoks would be regular height. i believe they were using chewbacca, rather than
the gungans, as their guide.

on the other hand, the goblin thingies from HP appear to have shorter legs,
probably 1x2 hinge.. why couldn't they have done this with ewoks?

-lenny

I'm surprised that the Ewoks don't have standard minifig heads (brown/lt.
brown/tan/grey with whiskers of course) and long brown/lt. brown/tan hoods.
This method would have presented more face-hood colour variations, aswell as
allowing the pieces to be re-used creatively.
As they are, these head-pieces are always going to be Ewoks, whereas the
hoods would have made good for all sorts of peasants, and minifig heads
would have allowed Ewoks to climb into a space-suit or wear long hair or a
cute little red cap....

I can understand Gungans being one-colour one-piece heads (I quite like
them), but I suspect that there is a little too much emphasis being placed
on realistic looking faces rather than LEGOesque representaions.

I dunno... whadya reckon?

jemgnu