 Duplo / *451 (-100)
  Re: Bob the Builder

(...) And don't forget that the show's theme song ("Can we fix it?") is now a hit in it's own right (number 6 IIRC). (...) I've wondered what the relationship was between Bob & Wendy - from the few episodes I've seen, it wasn't clear who was in (...) (23 years ago, 4-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.pt, lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Proposal for DUPLO® trains newsgroup

(...) Hi, Unfortunately I can't see past the "with such little traffic" comment :) only a fraction of the relatively few posts to Duplo are about Duplo trains and most of those would be easily covered with a FAQ. Possibly a Duplo train section could (...) (23 years ago, 4-Oct-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Bob the Builder

(...) (I've put Duplo back in the FUT in case there are others wondering about this). Bob the Builder is a British animated children's TV show that has been very popular in the UK and Australia for a few years now, and has recently hit stardom in (...) (23 years ago, 4-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.pt, lugnet.duplo)

  Bob the Builder

Hi all, Can somebody please tell me what exactly is "Bob the Builder"? I got the idea it is a TV show, but I never got to see it. TIA, Pedro (23 years ago, 3-Oct-01, to lugnet.duplo, lugnet.general)

  Re: DUPLO Juniorization

(...) Ah, I see where you have a point about young children having possible difficulty pressing down on the semi-circle plates right over the studs. But I don't think that should be as big a problem with the rectangular tables, and if it is the case (...) (23 years ago, 24-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo)

  Re: DUPLO Juniorization

(...) I can understand not liking juniorization in Lego. I'm not a fan of the juniorization in Lego either. I do think it would be okay if they had "Lego Junior" sets instead of juniorizing everything. In regards to Duplo, I think that juniorization (...) (23 years ago, 23-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo)

  DUPLO Juniorization

If you thought juniorization applied only to LEGO and that they couldn't possibly do anything to juniorize DUPLO, take a look at what I discovered while sorting through our Duplo collection. I was trying to disassemble the table on the left so I (...) (23 years ago, 23-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo)

  Re: New Bob the Builder set available

(...) This one was due all along...as nice as it is, we certainly don't need another Muck (or Bob for that matter...2 Bobs and 2 Scoops is more than enough duplication for now...)...but as to the old argument, here's the printed brick with Spud, so (...) (23 years ago, 18-Sep-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  New Bob the Builder set available

I was at my local TRU (Charlotte NC) this morning and spotted a new Bob the Builder set: Set 3274 'Bob and Muck Repair the Barn' (36 pcs). It comes with an 8 rung dark grey ladder that is either a new piece or a very old piece that has been brought (...) (23 years ago, 18-Sep-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Bummer of the Week: LEGO Made in China

(...) I think some people are a little out of touch with reality, and I've seen enough of this argument to post my 2 cents worth. Its admirable that you and others are willing to give up your abs habit to try and stop Lego from doing business.... (...) (23 years ago, 11-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Bummer of the Week: LEGO Made in China

Excuse my french, but zis crap outrages me! I can't believe lego would stoop so low as to doing this, so little duplo "things" suck! They are horrible, and if lego does make all of the things in China, I know I'm not going to support lego anymore. (...) (23 years ago, 11-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Bummer of the Week: LEGO Made in China

(...) OT, but to correct misinformation... Chuck Taylor All-Star shoes are still being made and distributed. They may have been out of production for a while, but they are currently in production. And a company representative has publicly gone on (...) (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Bob hits Bluewater

Or rather, Bob *hit* Bluewater. The Kentish Temple of Mammon's LEGO Shop had two (count'em) 3272 Scoops on Saturday afternoon. Apparently there had been a 'small delivery' during the week, but the next delivery date is unknown. I was told there's (...) (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.duplo, lugnet.loc.uk)

  He didn't make a single racist comment..

Usually, I wouldn't touch this kind of topic with a 20 foot stick, but I feel as if some more people have to stand up for Greg here. He didn't make a single racist comment, nor did he say anything that even vaguely appeared racist. As Greg said (...) (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Proposal for DUPLO® trains newsgroup

With all the recent newsgroups being created here on LUGNET, I thought I'd suggest one of my own. One may ask,"With such little traffic in the DUPLO® newsgroup already, why divide it further?" One possible answer may be that these little trains (...) (23 years ago, 8-Sep-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Bummer of the Week: LEGO Made in China

My daughter was "made in China" we adopted her from there and she is perfect..please do not be racist..OK Thanks (23 years ago, 7-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: joy of the Week: thinking Americans

Greg, Your point is well taken, I appreciate your point of view. I'm sorry some folks refered to your views as Racist. (It clearly wasn't) Your original post was well thought out and executed. I think the only difference in our thinking is that I (...) (23 years ago, 7-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Bummer of the Week: Happy Americans , Abused Chinese

(...) And that's why I asked for the opinion and thoughts of others. Thanks for responding. (...) I also do not tend to get involved in political discussions because I am very much aware of my lack of knowledge on such subjects as well as being (...) (23 years ago, 7-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Bummer of the Week: LEGO Made in China

I avoid the US for this reason. Capital punishment, bought elections, refusing to reduce CO2 emissions, STAR WARS, and preventing UN intervention in Israel are not things I want to support. Rengenier (...) (23 years ago, 6-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.dear-lego)

"Jon Furman" <Rambocalrissian@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:GJ9BB1.BJE@lugnet.com... (...) Well said. Thanks for taking the time to write what I thought, when I felt it more expedient to write 'crap' Case in point - my brother in law imports (...) (23 years ago, 6-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Bummer of the Week: Happy Americans , Abused Chinese

I wouldn’t say that you are being Jingoistic per se, but I do think that your view is a little uninformed. I normally steer clear of political discussions here on Lugnet, but this one does seem to be a real discussion and not an argument. What is (...) (23 years ago, 6-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Bummer of the Week: LEGO Made in China

As far as quality goes, the same things have been said in the past about manufacturing in Japan, Taiwan and Korea (and probably Singapore, Maylasia, Thailand and the Philippines). The truth is, if cheap crap is going to be made, it will be made (...) (23 years ago, 6-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Bummer of the Week: LEGO Made in China

John - thank you for your response to my posting. I'm sorry, of course, that I had to break this news to you. At the same time it's nice to get a response from someone else who thinks that this a valid concern (and not simply racist, bigoted (...) (23 years ago, 6-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Bummer of the Week: LEGO Made in China

(...) Oh no. Let me check my calendar. Please tell me it's April first... it's not. ARRRRGH! I'm tempted to write some words here that would violate my Lugnet Terms of Use agreement... (...) Oh boy, I *am* politically active. I've been boycotting (...) (23 years ago, 6-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Bummer of the Week: LEGO Made in China

(...) I'm in the same boat as you, Greg. I try to avoid products made in China, not because of any quality questions, but because of the political and human rights record of the country. Anyone remember Tiananmen Square? Sending tanks against (...) (23 years ago, 6-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.dear-lego)

"Greg Perry" <supernerd23@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:GJ8nuK.31E@lugnet.com... (...) I liked your description of yourself "that's the great thing about the Internet - any crackpot can moan, grumble and whine about any old thing they want." (...) (23 years ago, 6-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Bummer of the Week: LEGO Made in China

(...) Oh yeah, that reminds me of the other great thing about the Internet - it's absolutely so predictable: For instance, any posting of an opinion on a public forum is always going to get at least one response from some detractor whose debating (...) (23 years ago, 6-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.dear-lego)

"Lawrence Wilkes" <lawrence@thewilkesf...rve.co.uk> wrote in message news:GJ8CJ8.9Mq@lugnet.com... (...) news:GJ7GLD.GLJ@lugnet.com... (...) Or LEGO should be ashamed, one or the other. Nothing to be ashamed about for having, and voicing that (...) (23 years ago, 6-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.dear-lego)

"Greg Perry" <supernerd23@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:GJ7GLD.GLJ@lugnet.com... (...) <big snip> (...) What a pile of jingoistic crap. You should be ashamed. regards lawrence (23 years ago, 6-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Bummer of the Week: LEGO Made in China

(...) This news is pretty shocking (maybe I've been sleeping and never noticed). <snipped Greg's observations> (...) Depends how you define quality. (...) Difficult to say. I've always had this idea of LEGO of being some sort of magical company that (...) (23 years ago, 5-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Bummer of the Week: LEGO Made in China

Greg Perry wrote: [snip] (...) [snip] I noticed that many of the Belville and Scala cloth items were made in China. (Send me email if you need me to check a 5890 to see if those earliest Belville sleeping bags fall into this category.) /Eric McC/ (23 years ago, 5-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Bummer of the Week: LEGO Made in China

I experienced two LEGO "firsts" a couple of weeks ago - I visited the local Zany Brainy store for the first time to check out their LEGO selection and while there I discovered the first sets that I had seen stamped with the words I cringe at, "MADE (...) (23 years ago, 5-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.dear-lego) !!

  Bob the Builder in Austin

I just found Bob, Lofty and the Mice at the walmart on I35 at 1325. :D And what is with NickJr taking Everything out of the lineup this week. Don't they know my kids just got Lofty???? ;) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: New to DUPLO® Trains

(...) Thank you Deidre, that's a pretty neat device he made for his train. As for me? I have a little floor space to start a layout of my own, I'll post some pictures on my web page soon. Thank you for giving me this info.-Harvey (23 years ago, 16-Aug-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: New to DUPLO® Trains

(...) To disable the timer as such - no. However someone came up with a technic gadget to continually reset the train using the stop/start switch. See: (URL)Second, can the train pull quite a bit? Yes, but it varies with each engine (identical (...) (23 years ago, 16-Aug-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  New to DUPLO® Trains

Hello all, I have a few questions about DUPLO® trains. First, is there a way that the timer found in 2745 (the freight train) can be disabled? I have just received this set today and would like to run the train for more than a few minutes without (...) (23 years ago, 14-Aug-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Is 2933 Duplo Freight Train worth buying?

I just saw this set at KB toy Liquidators for $40. Rose "Todd Trotter" <ttrotter@mmcable.com> wrote in message news:GGrD3t.6I8@lugnet.com... (...) have (...) to (...) (23 years ago, 14-Aug-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  New & Improved DUPLO Printed Brick Database - Now with Pictures!

An updated version of the DUPLO Printed Brick Database was posted to LUGNET today. This page can be found at: (URL) big change was that I finally was able to link this listing with pictures of the bricks that are stored in a Brickshelf folder. (...) (23 years ago, 10-Aug-01, to lugnet.duplo, lugnet.general)

  Is the resurgence in Duplo buckets everywhere?

Hi all, After a few years with only one or two Duplo buckets fleetingly available in Australia, there seems to be a quite a resurgence. The S Korean factory seems to be pumping out nothing but Duplo buckets - in the past couple of months I think (...) (23 years ago, 8-Aug-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Woo Hoo! Got Some Purple Hippos!

About a month ago I started eyeing the DUPLO Purple Hippo sets ((URL) I had an idea for using the 2 purple hippos in that set along with the purple and lavendar parts that I was starting to accumulate from the Belville sets I recently purchased. I (...) (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Pictures from 3275 Bob's Big Building Box

(...) Spuds on the job Bob, heheheheh. (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Pictures from 3275 Bob's Big Building Box

(...) Hi Deidre, This may be my bad...I coulda' sworn that I saw Pilchard printed on a brick. I went back to the pics in my BrickShelf folder: (URL) From Christian's S@H image diving a few months ago. While specs have obviously changed since those (...) (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Pictures from 3275 Bob's Big Building Box

(...) Which set has Pilchard on a pic brick? Only two of the Bob sets have made it to my part of the world so far, but I can't spot Pilchard in the set pics on the sides of the boxes or in the inbox catalogue. I too was hoping Pilchard would be a (...) (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Pictures from 3275 Bob's Big Building Box

(...) Yep...the bird on the brick is "Bird", a secondary character in the show, and best friend to Rolley, the green asphalt roller truck (who I'm imagining we'll see in the next set assortment, if the noise I've heard about the licensing terms is (...) (23 years ago, 4-Aug-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Pictures from 3275 Bob's Big Building Box

(...) at the Life on Mars Truck Tour stop in VA and I REALLY like those new brown bricks. The "Brick" Bricks are pretty keen too. I'll have a hard time waiting around for a year before these sets start going on clearance (because I'm going to want (...) (23 years ago, 4-Aug-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Pictures from 3275 Bob's Big Building Box

(...) My daughter received 3276 Scoop and Muck and 3272 Scoop on the Road last Saturday for her second b-day (and a green 3036 bucket), and she is thrilled with them. We almost didn't make it until the party though 8?) (...) I will scan up all the (...) (23 years ago, 4-Aug-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Pictures from 3275 Bob's Big Building Box

So we got our hands on a Big Building Box (what's all this about waiting for a kid's birthday? :-) and I introduced it to the scanner. Printed bricks: all the bricks here except the bananas. (URL) picture inventory: (URL) see what's meant by the (...) (23 years ago, 4-Aug-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Duplo Figure Causes Injury. Help Sought From Parents/LEGO.

(...) You're welcome. Your problem had me intrigued, and it kept me amused for a while :) (Actually it kept my husband amused too - watching me. He thought I'd lost it :) ) Actually an added bonus of digging out the Duplo: my just-turned-6 year old (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Duplo Figure Causes Injury. Help Sought From Parents/LEGO.

(...) Works like a dream...I just rounded off the tops of the backs of the legs. If I had a roto tool, I would've used that. Thanks for such an exhaustive report though...I truly appreciate it...I just wonder if LEGO hasn't heard of this before? (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Duplo Figure Causes Injury. Help Sought From Parents/LEGO.

(...) Bob 1 (from Bob, Lofty and the mice), doesn't really "snap" at all. However Bob 2 (from 3276) and Wendy both do a "soft snap". If I try really really hard I can sort of pinch my skin in passing in both of these but it doesn't hurt. (...) (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Is 2933 Duplo Freight Train worth buying?

I'd just like to agree pretty much with what Mark said (that brought back memories!), except that my son came out the other side of these almost identical reactions with an absolute love of the trains. I bought our first battery engine set and the (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Is 2933 Duplo Freight Train worth buying?

(...) Mark, Thanks for the advice. Sounds good to me. I think I'll buy him either the 2731 Railroad Express or the 2931 Circus Engine in addition to the 2933 Freight Train. I'll put the motorized Freight Train parts away until he's older and see how (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Is 2933 Duplo Freight Train worth buying?

Todd, I don't want to deny you your 2933 - it's great - but until your son is two then go for either DACTA Push Train 9139 or Circus Engine 2931. Supplement this with DACTA Rails 9146 (certainly in the UK this worked out cheaper than buying the (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Is 2933 Duplo Freight Train worth buying?

(...) Thank you very much for the information Deidre. My son is very much in the younger range. He turns 1 in a week. I've talked my mother-in-law into buying the train for Christmas so he'll be 1 1/2 by then. The suggested age on the box is 3+. (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Is 2933 Duplo Freight Train worth buying?

(...) Duplo trains are in general excellent sets, and are very robust. We've never broken one (the engines have been dropped rather a lot, everything has been trodden on repeatedly), and they run well. I have both the mid-90s and 2000 ranges. The (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Is 2933 Duplo Freight Train worth buying?

Hello, I'm thinking of buying my son the Duplo 2933 Freight Train. Does anyone have an opinion good or bad about this set? It looks really cool, but I'd like to know what other people think about it. (URL) it run well? Will it last long under normal (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Bob the Builder in Tas at Target Hobart (Aus)

(...) How about that scarecrow character? (Spud?) Cheers Richie Dulin Patrician of Brick-Morpork (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.duplo)

  Bob the Builder in Tas at Target Hobart (Aus)

The same two sets as Carl found at his local Kmart and the same prices, 3273 for $A29.95 and 3276 for $A64.95. Neither Kmart in Hobart has them yet, I bet they're sitting on them until the 20% off sale ends. BTW got an email from Rachel saying that (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Duplo Figure Causes Injury. Help Sought From Parents/LEGO.

(...) Does the figure do that "soft-snap" thing I described? (...) I'm imagining some sterile white room, with you in a full containment suit... 8?D (...) Chicken! <g,d,r!> Matt (thanks for trying though...it's very nice of you) (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Duplo Figure Causes Injury. Help Sought From Parents/LEGO.

(...) Me again, I've just got hold of the same set (and 3276 which I've yet to open). I am currently sitting in my office without any "normal" Duplo figures so I can't be specific on the differences (which I may be imagining), but Bob does look (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Bob the Builder in K-Mart :)

(...) Thanks Jenn. LOOK at the printed bricks in <set:3275> - not only real-looking bricks but woodgrain on brown! Cool... my kids don't know Bob the Builder, so I can nab the bricks with impunity... hee hee... Cheers, Heather -- Heather Patey (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Bob the Builder in K-Mart :)

Ok, since I couldn't find any info about these sets on shop.lego.com, i called US s@h and got some info, which i've added to the db, btw, all sets are for ages 2+, and I forgot to ask for piece counts, so i'll have dan call back again later (oops :) (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Duplo Figure Causes Injury. Help Sought From Parents/LEGO.

In lugnet.duplo, Matthew Gerber writes: <snipped for space> (...) I have a rather large collection of Duplo figures and have never found this to be a problem, but I have yet to obtain Bob so possibly there is something slightly different about this (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Updated Printed Brick Database (and Bob the Builder rave up)

(...) Well, duh! I guess I could have thought a bit harder and scanned these new bricks for the DB, huh? Greg, feel free to smack me upside the head at some point... We've opend "Bob, Lofty and the Mice", So I have the mice, the lunch, and the (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Updated Printed Brick Database (and Bob the Builder rave up)

Greetings: My first post-Brickfest LEGO related task is to do something I wanted to do last week after reading the postings in this forum related to the new Bob the Builder duplo sets. Originally, I had cruised right by the pages with these sets in (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  FABULAND on a DUPLO set

Hello Set 2304 ( (URL) ), a DUPLO Building Plate has the text FABULAND on it. (you can see it on the bottom left corner of the picture) This is very strange as FABULAND isn't produced anymore for over 10 years and never was connected to DUPLO. Carl (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.fabuland, lugnet.duplo)

  Duplo Figure Causes Injury. Help Sought From Parents/LEGO.

So, being the rotten LEGO parent I am, I gave my daughter one of her Bob the Builder sets today (I couldn't wait...er, I couldn't make HER wait...ya, that's it...until her birthday next week). It was "Bob, Lofty and the Mice. A wonderful set, to be (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.duplo, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Can we FIND it? YES WE CAN! (was Re: Bob the Builder in K-Mart)

Can we FIND it? YES WE CAN! ALLRIGHT! Found and bought "Scoop on the Road" and "Bob, Lofty and the Mice" today at the K-Mart in Santa Maria, CA. S@H retail prices, too (none of the usual K-Mart mark-up...$9.99 and $14.99 respectively). My daughter (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jul-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  FT/FS: Lots of Duplo and some Toolo

I have a bunch of Duplo and Toolo stuff for sale or trade. Take a look at my web site at: www.cyberis.net/~tco...s/sale.htm Sincerely, Tim (23 years ago, 12-Jul-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Bob the Builder in K-Mart :)

"Matthew Gerber" <matthew@digitaliris.com> wrote in message news:GGBFwz.FBI@lugnet.com... (...) I spotted some Bob sets at TRU today along with what appeared to be all of the Jack Stone and Creator as well. (23 years ago, 11-Jul-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Bob the Builder in K-Mart :)

(...) [I've trimmed the groups for my reply] Wow, I didn't think we were supposed to see these in Australia until September! Must get myself to a Kmart (I hope they're in Tas), my son is a big Bob The Builder fan and it's his birthday this weekend. (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jul-01, to lugnet.duplo, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Bob the Builder in K-Mart :)

(...) Here you go: (URL) (23 years ago, 11-Jul-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Bob the Builder in K-Mart :)

(...) Cool. (...) I thought that was neat too. (...) Not quite yet. the S@H catalog says August 1 for us. (...) I'll try to scan them today, and post to BrickShelf. I also have the pics Xtian put up before the official release, so you can see all (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jul-01, to lugnet.duplo, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.sa.ade, lugnet.general)

  Bob the Builder in K-Mart :)

I was looking in the LEGO isle of my local(1) K-Mart today when my daughter called out "Bobleo Builder". I was quite suprised when I turned around to see two of the Bob the Builder LEGO sets. The sets were: 3273 - "Bob, Lofty and the Mice" - AU$30 (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jul-01, to lugnet.duplo, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.sa.ade, lugnet.general)

  Re: Found the Rabbit (it was Belville not Duplo)

(...) Cool! My renedition of the rabbits is shown below: (URL) movies, though. Sorry ;-) That's your specialty! -Shiri (23 years ago, 5-Jul-01, to lugnet.duplo, lugnet.belville, lugnet.animation)

  Duplo for trade or sale.

I have a bunch of Duplo stuff for sale or trade. Take a look at my web site at: www.cyberis.net/~tco...s/sale.htm Sincerely, Tim (23 years ago, 3-Jul-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Found the Rabbit (it was Belville not Duplo)

(...) Just thought I'd add that 5824 is listed in the current Shop at Home catalog, on page 15. It is priced at $7.99 (the original list price). I just checked and it is also available online. - the rest snipped away - Bryan Beckwith (23 years ago, 4-Jul-01, to lugnet.duplo, lugnet.belville, lugnet.animation)

  Found the Rabbit (it was Belville not Duplo)

With a little poking around here on LUGNET I was able to find the rabbit figure that I vaguely remembered having seen in a set before. Turns out that it wasn't in a Duplo set but rather was found in the Belville theme (set 5824 specifically). Thanks (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jun-01, to lugnet.duplo, lugnet.belville, lugnet.animation)

  Re: Thumper in Winnie-the-Pooh Sets?

(...) Thumper is the name of the rabbit in Bambi. In the Winnie-the-Pooh series the rabbit is named Rabbit. iirc. From the Lego website it looks like Rabbit is not included in any of the Duplo Pooh sets. John Hansen (23 years ago, 15-Jun-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Thumper in Winnie-the-Pooh Sets?

(...) Thumper is in Bambi. I think the rabbit in Pooh is call "Rabbit". I have not seen him in any set. Scott A (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jun-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Thumper in Winnie-the-Pooh Sets?

Does anyone know whether Thumper (my not-so-trustworthy memory tells me that is the name of the rabbit) is included in any of the Duplo Pooh sets? I seem to remember having seen that figure before but in browsing through the sets pictured in the (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jun-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Duplo Printed Bricks Database

Wayne - many thanks for your asssistance with my project. I can definitely make use of the scanned images as they are. With the additional designs that you've provided the entire inventory of Duplo Printed Bricks will be well over a hundred when I (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jun-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Duplo Printed Bricks Database

(...) Greg, here is more input for your Database: I have attached a scan (excuse the quality - green looks black) at Brickshelf: (URL) it I've shown the variations of what you have and 1x2s you didn't mention. Variations: Bucket of Fish Yellow 1x2 (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jun-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Printed Brick Mania & This Week's S@H Specials

(...) Hey Greg, <set:2811> has a blue brick with keys and a red one with fire. Scans forthcoming, with any luck this evening. Cheers, Heather -- Heather Patey Pirate Wench / Brick Detective LUGNET Member #490 (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Printed Brick Mania & This Week's S@H Specials

(...) Thanks Wayne - I had finally figured out what that design is on that brick. I found another (i.e. clearer)picture of the set on a catalog/flyer inside one of the duplo sets I bought this past week. Knowing it's a honeycomb explains the bear's (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Printed Brick Mania & This Week's S@H Specials

(...) The one hardest to recognize (in set 2436) is the honeycomb with a couple of bees. Wayne (23 years ago, 5-Jun-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Duplo Printed Bricks Database

(...) Here is a scan of 2445 Duplo Farm Yard from page 5 of LEGO's 1994 catalog of retail offerings. The reason I have cross-posted this to general is because I called customer service last week to get this catalog for 2001, and I was told that they (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.duplo, lugnet.general)

  Re: Duplo Printed Bricks Database

(...) These were taken right from the bucket sides-- I didn't realize they weren't even in the Lugnet database! I've gone ahead and scanned the bucket sides-- sorry for the poor quality images (and that I haven't put them on Brickshelf-- I seem to (...) (23 years ago, 31-May-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Duplo Printed Bricks Database

(...) Matthias - thanks for all the information. I appreciate you taking time to help out with my project while performing your other chore. I have added your information to the updated database - at least the info related to the 1x2 bricks. For (...) (23 years ago, 31-May-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Duplo Printed Bricks Database

(...) Matt - thanks for the pictures. I've added these bricks to the updated database and have also grabbed copies of the pictures to use later on. Thanks for putting these on Brickshelf. I am going to take the pictures that everyone has provided (...) (23 years ago, 31-May-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Duplo Printed Bricks Database

(...) Maggie - thanks for all the info on set numbers you provided. There were four of them however that I couldn't find in the LUGNET database. I held off on adding these to the recent update. When you have time (no rush) could you please (...) (23 years ago, 31-May-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Printed Brick Mania & This Week's S@H Specials

Now that my Duplo Printed Brick obsession is in full raging bloom it looks like I'm going to have to pounce on one of this week's Shop at Home specials. They have set 2436 ("Native American" Village) on sale for $ 17.50. This set has 7 of the 1x2 (...) (23 years ago, 30-May-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  DUPLO Printed Brick Database Updated

Howdy! I've completed my first round of updates to the new DUPLO Printed Brick Database page. The updated listing can be found at: (URL) have added about 20 new designs and 24 combinations to the listing. Many, many thanks to everyone who has (...) (23 years ago, 30-May-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Duplo Printed Bricks Database

(...) Great job! (...) Okay, here are some set numbers I've managed to dig up: Apple yellow 1x2 single red apple set 2327 Baby bottle BLUE brick 1x2 bottle w/ yellow top 2787 Balloons yellow 1x2 3 balloons, red, green blue 1685, 2397, 2531 Bucket of (...) (23 years ago, 29-May-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Duplo Printed Bricks Database

(...) No problem. Scott A (23 years ago, 29-May-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Duplo Printed Bricks Database

(...) I've just finished spending four hours cleaning my collection of Duplo in order to give it to my son (18 months). I so happens that yesterday I was reading about your quest for a catalog of printed Duplo pieces, so while I was cleaning, I (...) (23 years ago, 27-May-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Duplo Printed Bricks Database

Hey Greg, I scanned some Duplo bricks for you to use, if you like. See here: (URL) see, these are all from Winnie the Pooh sets...the bees from 2988 Winnie the Pooh Honey Pot/Bucket, the spring is from 2975 Bouncing With Tigger Promo Canister, and (...) (23 years ago, 26-May-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Duplo Printed Bricks Database

(...) I don't mind if you use them. However, just keep this in mind: most of the pictures were gathered from the Internet, and I have not received "official" permission to use them. I am using them under "fair play" as reference only. Russell (23 years ago, 25-May-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Duplo Printed Bricks Database

(...) (URL) of 2603: (URL) just post stuff as I find it. Cheers, Heather -- Heather Patey Pirate Wench / Brick Detective LUGNET Member #490 (23 years ago, 25-May-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Duplo Printed Bricks Database

(...) Thanks, Russell - I had spotted your galleries of Promo Brick previously and planned to go looking for it again as part of this project. I'll be adding the duplo bricks you have pictured to the database when I update it next week. Do you mind (...) (23 years ago, 25-May-01, to lugnet.duplo)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact