 General / 32861
32860  |  32862
Subject:
He didn't make a single racist comment..
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 05:55:07 GMT

Usually, I wouldn't touch this kind of topic with a 20 foot stick, but I
feel as if some more people have to stand up for Greg here.
He didn't make a single racist comment, nor did he say anything that even
vaguely appeared racist.
As Greg said (well, not exactly in these terms), you're reading too much
into it.
Perhaps you should realize that flinging accusations of racism at anything
that even looks like a slight (and thus "crying wolf") only harms the very
people you're trying to protect , eg: the people who actually do encounter
racism.
If people weren't so eager to yell about racism at even the smallest
infraction, then people wouldn't have become so desensitized to the
accusations of racism so prevalent in modern society, and many would
actually pay attention.
Good day to you, and try not to flame me.