 Local / Portugal / 95
Re: Bob the Builder
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.pt, lugnet.duplo
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 03:25:31 GMT

In lugnet.loc.pt, Deidre Rushton Brumby writes:
In lugnet.duplo, Pedro Silva writes:
Hi all,

Can somebody please tell me what exactly is "Bob the Builder"? I got the
idea it is a TV show, but I never got to see it.
TIA,

Bob the Builder is a British animated children's TV show that has been very
popular in the UK and Australia for a few years now, and has recently hit
stardom in the US also (I don't know whether it's shown or popular in Europe
or elsewhere).  Probably aimed at the 2 - 6 year old age group.

And don't forget that the show's theme song ("Can we fix it?") is now a hit
in it's own right (number 6 IIRC).

The main characters are Bob, a builder (jack of all trades, houses, roads,
plumbing, garden ornaments, you name it!), his assistant Wendy,

I've wondered what the relationship was between Bob & Wendy - from the few
episodes I've seen, it wasn't clear who was in charge.

The show is great,
My daughter loves it

as are the Duplo sets.
And here I was thinking that she'd moved on to System now...

Cheers

Richie Dulin