 Local / Portugal / 94
Re: Bob the Builder
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.pt, lugnet.duplo
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 02:00:38 GMT

In lugnet.duplo, Pedro Silva writes:
Hi all,

Can somebody please tell me what exactly is "Bob the Builder"? I got the
idea it is a TV show, but I never got to see it.
TIA,

(I've put Duplo back in the FUT in case there are others wondering about this).

Bob the Builder is a British animated children's TV show that has been very
popular in the UK and Australia for a few years now, and has recently hit
stardom in the US also (I don't know whether it's shown or popular in Europe
or elsewhere).  Probably aimed at the 2 - 6 year old age group.

The main characters are Bob, a builder (jack of all trades, houses, roads,
plumbing, garden ornaments, you name it!), his assistant Wendy, and the trucks:
Scoop (a Backhoe Loader),
Muck (a bulldozer?),
Dizzy (Cement Mixer),
Roley (Road Roller),
Lofty (Crane),
Travis (Tractor).

Other characters include Pilchard the cat, Bird the bird, and Spud the
scarecrow and assorted villagers requiring assorted building work or rescuing.

The new Duplo sets out so far cover Bob, Wendy, Scoop, Muck and Lofty, with
picture bricks for Bird and Spud.  There is due to be another release next
year which will presumably feature the other trucks.

The show is great, as are the Duplo sets.

Deidre
drb@tasmail.com