 Local / Portugal / 93
Re: Alternate ramp raise/lower mechanism for 8680
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.loc.pt
Date:
Wed, 3 Oct 2001 22:36:16 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Bill Bourn writes:
I've cobbled an alternate mechanism which raises and lowers the
ramp of the 8680 main model. The standard one takes up too much room
inside! After all, this is a cargo sled, so internal volume shouldn't
be wasted if it can be done another way. Let me know if you'd like to
see some pictures of the addition. I didn't post any since there are
no other mentions of the 8680 set in this group.

I'd really like to see what you came up to.

There is also no hint of how this shed on a sled would be moved,
other than the yellow skids. I'm looking at a way to make a towing arm
and/or pintle hook.

Allow me a suggestion: walking legs (no kidding!). you could try a mechanism
similar to the one portrayed in the 1990 Technic Idea Book (don't remember
the set #).
There would have to be differences, since the said mechanism was devised for
a "walker-bot", not a shed (!). Still, I guess a couple of interconnected
mecahisms might do the trick.
As inspiration, remember the way horses walk: two legs up, and two on the floor.

The giant snowmobile is after that :-)

Go for it!  :-P

Pedro