 Duplo / 401
Re: Is 2933 Duplo Freight Train worth buying?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.duplo
Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 18:07:46 GMT

In lugnet.duplo, Deidre Rushton Brumby writes:
Duplo trains are in general excellent sets, and are very robust.  We've
never broken one (the engines have been dropped rather a lot, everything has
been trodden on repeatedly), and they run well.  I have both the mid-90s and
2000 ranges.  The track, engines and carriages are fully compatible between
both ranges, the differences are in design detail.

How old is your son?  I ask this because the newer train sets are aimed at
slightly younger children than the older ones (though I believe the stated
age ranges are the same).  There are more miscellaneous bricks in the 2000
series, less detail, and the modular design of the cargo boxes/carriages are
made for littler hands but are not very interesting for the older child (or
fussy AFOL).
I'm not sure where I'd draw the line agewise, I guess it'd also vary from
child to child.

Thank you very much for the information Deidre. My son is very much in the
younger range. He turns 1 in a week. I've talked my mother-in-law into
buying the train for Christmas so he'll be 1 1/2 by then. The suggested age
on the box is 3+. He'll have to play supervised with it for a little while,
but I really think he'll enjoy it. He likes the trains at his babysitters.
Also he can play with me and my Metroliner when I buy the new release.

Thanks again,
Todd