 General / 32841
Re: joy of the Week: thinking Americans
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 7 Sep 2001 02:34:25 GMT

Greg, Your point is well taken, I appreciate your point of view.  I'm sorry
some folks refered to your views as Racist. (It clearly wasn't) Your
original post was well thought out and executed.  I think the only
difference in our thinking is that I believe that if we put pressure on our
government to remove MFNTS from the PRC, Their government will lose the
financial incentives (favorable tarrifs) we give them, then they will have
reason to listen when we voice our disagreements.  I also think that dealing
with the businesses should come in time, but after we address the major
issue that negates our voice in world affairs.  I think I'm more interested
in the Political impact that can be made in a few simple steps (not to
disregard the excellent point you made in your post).  I think that this
administration is closer to a drastic step than the last was.
I appreciated your response, I admire your conviction as well.  Thanks for
the intelligent posting, I've enjoyed chatting with you before, and look
forward to more in the future.

P.S. I do have an old '89 cherokee in the garage, so I guess I do have an
SUV (even if it rarely gets driven) color me sheepish pink.

Jon Furman
Lugnet#1123

"Use the brick separator, your teeth will thank you later."