 General / 32840
Re: missing piece
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general, lugnet.build
Date:
Fri, 7 Sep 2001 00:19:11 GMT

No its not just you, you should have seen the trouble I had with not finding
the pieces when I put the silver champ together! Ugh!

Gary

Greg Perry <supernerd23@yahoo.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.starwars, Chuck Rex writes:
Sorry to bother you all with this, but nobody in my house cares at all, • and
I need to share with SOMEBODY.

After 21 years of putting together Lego sets, last night I came across • the
very first instance of a set missing a piece. I have had "near misses"
before, where a piece was hidden or stuck somewhere, but last night I put
together a B-Wing, and it was missing an tran orange 1x1 round plate. I • tore
the room apart, confident that they NEVER fail to include a piece. But • they
did. And THEN, and this is why I had to write, the very next set I put
together (the Trade Federation ATT) was missing a blue 2x2 brick. How • very
odd. Twice, in one night, after 21 years.

Just had to share.

That is definitely odd to have the first time happen at the same time as • the
second time and all after 21 years.  In the close to 500 sets that I have
I've only once come across a missing piece - on of the tubing pieces for • the
small Anakin's Pod Racer set.  Called up LEGO Consumer Affairs and they • sent
one right out.

Since you brought this up Chuck - I had thought of previously posting to • ask
whether others go through this same seizure that I often seem to have. • I'm
in the middle of putting a set together when I can't find a piece.  Almost
immediately I've gripped with the conviction that it's not in the box.  I
start looking and looking and the longer I can't find it the more worked • up
I get.  I start to get bummed out about not being able to finish the model
and having to call LEGO to get the piece and what a hassle it all is when
suddenly there's the piece right in front of me and everything is ok • again.

Five minutes later though I'm can't find a piece and the whole thing • starts
over again...

Does this happen to others?  Or is this just some unique scenario that is
probably symptomatic of some OCD-type disorder?

Just wonderin',

G.