 Star Wars / 11716
Re: missing piece
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general, lugnet.build
Date:
Fri, 7 Sep 2001 09:18:59 GMT

"Greg Perry" <supernerd23@yahoo.com> wrote in message
Does this happen to others?  Or is this just some unique scenario that is
probably symptomatic of some OCD-type disorder?

Definitely! I normally put all the pieces into the box or something I've got
lying around and work from there sitting in front of the TV. I normally end
up scrabbling through the box 4 or 5 times trying to find a particular,
convince myself it's not there, skip to the next step and carry on building,
and then later find the piece I thought was missing and have to try and fit
it in. A couple of times I've dropped black or dark grey pieces on my very
dark grey carpet and had to slowly work my way around the floor trying to
find the piece only to end up having spares at the end too :)

But I've never yet had a set with a missing piece, I've only had to call
LEGO once when I got a stormtrooper helmet with smeared grey blobs over the
front. And I've got a slowly growing spares box too with all those extras
you normally get - I've got quite a few lightsabre handles now, just no
blades for them :(

Dan