 Duplo / 417
416  |  418
Subject:
New & Improved DUPLO Printed Brick Database - Now with Pictures!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.duplo, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 10 Aug 2001 21:25:55 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

An updated version of the DUPLO Printed Brick Database was posted to LUGNET
today.  This page can be found at:

http://www.lugnet.com/duplo/~250/printedbricks

The big change was that I finally was able to link this listing with
pictures of the bricks that are stored in a Brickshelf folder.  Thanks again
to everyone who has helped out by providing me scans of their bricks.  I
currently have pictures of around 70 of the bricks.  I probably have at
least 20-25 to scan and that will leave me only missing pictures of about 30
bricks (a lot of these would just be variations of brick color with the same
design).

I have marked with an asterisk those bricks that I still need pictures of.

Speaking of numbers - I've now identified 119 different designs and 141
different design/brick/color combinations.  This includes both the regular
printed and the promotional bricks.

As always I appreciate any feedback that anyone's willing to provide.  I
particularly need some more set reference numbers for bricks that I know of
but don't know which sets they can be found in.  I'd also like to know about
any typos or other factual errors that anyone spots.  I found a couple today
while doing the update - I had the wrong color brick associated with a
couple of designs.

I hope others enjoy looking at the database & pictures and find it useful.
I've enjoyed letting my interest in these bricks flower into something a
little more akin to an obsession. Besides allowing me the opportunity to dig
up more details, the database has also given me a reason to start fooling
around with the FTX code (got a ways to go yet).  I'll soon be posting some
info about my personal Printed Brick collection (up to about 80 bricks now)
including some requests to buy or trade some.

All for now - once again, feedback and further assistance will be greatly
appreciated.

Greg

P.S. If you want to see just the bricks you can go to
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=4808. I find this page very
visually pleasing.