 Local / Australia / 6698
6697  |  6699
Subject:
Bob the Builder in Tas at Target Hobart (Aus)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.duplo
Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 05:08:42 GMT

The same two sets as Carl found at his local Kmart and the same prices, 3273
for $A29.95 and 3276 for $A64.95.  Neither Kmart in Hobart has them yet, I
bet they're sitting on them until the 20% off sale ends.

BTW got an email from Rachel saying that Big W had the big set much cheaper
(no BIG W in Tas).  Seeing as they turned up 5 days too late for my son's
birthday I should have waited for cheaper prices but I couldn't help myself :)

These are the first (non Toolo) Duplo sets that I've ever seen with
instruction booklets.  I've opened 3273 (Lofty).  The first 3 pages have
instructions for building Lofty, then there are a couple of pages
demonstrating the crane and how to rearrange the elements in a manner that
makes no sense (as often seen on the back of Duplo boxes).  Finally in the
back are pictures of the sets. (These aren't the set names, I'm too lazy to
look them up, just giving an indication of contents).

3271 a small set with Bob and a grey wheelbarrow plus bricks
3272 Scoop
3273 Lofty and Bob
3275 Bob and lots of brick pattern bricks and windows
3276 Muck, Scoop, Bob and Wendy, assorted other bits

These same sets are pictured on the sides of the boxes.  So, it seems this
is the first instalment of Bob.  I'm pretty sure the press releases
mentioned around 10? sets, so I guess we'll see more next year (Dizzy, Rolly
and whatever the tractor is called, Travis?)  Hey, and I want Pilchard (as a
3D figure, not a pic brick!)

If anyone wants more details on set contents etc, just ask and I'll post
again when I've built them :)

Deidre
drb@tasmail.com