 Local / Australia / 6699
Re: Coles Myer shareholder discounts -- finally the new rules are announced
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 00:11:21 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Kerry Raymond writes:
But why would you sell them at all? For newcomers wanting the discounts,
they must buy 500 of these discount-capable shares (presumably at a premium
to the cost of regular shares) plus pay $25 out of your dividends every 6
months for the privilege. So, being an ongoing shareholder has a lot of
benefits compared with selling and later rebuying the same shares. I'll be
hanging onto my shares like glue!

What a bizarre arrangement!

Frankly, I am amazed at the complexity of the new scheme.

Absolutely.

Obviously, having two classes of
share limits the total number of shareholder cards that can ever exist to
the current allocation of 580,000

But if you had, a lot of shares, couldn't you sell just *some* of them?

Still, stranger things have happened at sea (though I can't think of any off
hand).

Cheers

Richie Dulin
Patrician of Brick-Morpork