 Local / Australia / 6697
Re: Show Lego at the Museum of Fire ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 03:56:51 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richie Dulin writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Pete White writes:
One of my ebay purchasers works for a local fire brigade.
The Museum of Fire is a local tourist attraction at Penrith,

The Museum of Fire is well worth a couple of hours visit for anyone with
even a vague interest in firefighting or old machinery. And, as my daughter
remembers regularly, they have a large collection of 1960's park play
equipment outside (Monkey bars in the shape of a shoe, a stagecoach, a
firetruck (naturally), a car etc). I heartily endorse it!

it has an area that could be used for displaying purposes and/or
having a normal meeting or a combo of the two over a weekend.
A "normal" meeting there would be good - we could have a look at the
machines as well as the normal brick-based stuff. And Penrith TRU isn't too
far away!

The Museum of Fire charges admission
Not sure what this means - that they'd pay us? we'd pay them?

It should be no charge to us (IIRC), I think we would be drawcard value for
them, thus offsetting our occupation of their space.

and can also help in publicity,
if we were to mount an exhibition over a weekend day or days.
Any interest ?

It might be worth trying for a day to start with, just to gauge interest and
attendence. It would have the advantage over a "normal" train exhibition, in
that we could display lots of stuff which wouldn't fit on a train layout (eg
Technic stuff, really big castles, really big ships) as well.

What I was thinking, was maybe our meeting one day and public display the
other day, but it could be just a public expo and get-together on the same day,
but it could be a long day :^0

One day might be easier to organise, a whole weekend displaying to the
public can be hard on the nerves, feet and ears (having done it a few times
for (non-LEGO) trains).

Yes indeedy, one day may send us packing !

pete.w