 General / 32806
Re: Bummer of the Week: LEGO Made in China
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 10:11:04 GMT

"Lawrence Wilkes" <lawrence@thewilkesfamily.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

"Greg Perry" <supernerd23@yahoo.com> wrote in message • news:GJ7GLD.GLJ@lugnet.com...

<big snip>
Anyway, I've been wanting to vent my mild frustration and dismay at
discovering LEGO products were now being MADE IN CHINA.  Wouldn't surprise
me to find out that no one else gives a brick but hey, that's the great
thing about the Internet - any crackpot can moan, grumble and whine about
any old thing they want.  But where there's one crank there's usually at
least one more...

What a pile of jingoistic crap.
You should be ashamed.

Or LEGO should be ashamed, one or the other.

Nothing to be ashamed about for having, and voicing that opinion.  Given his
arguments, its a quite valid one too.  Heck, they're not even really
arguments...

I'm also sad that LEGO is moving some of its molding to China.  Juniorization is
already cheap, er, cheap designs, now we'll see increasing amounts of cheap
looking brick?  Where did all the quality go?

'Only the best is good enough.' - I think I heard that somewhere...

-Tim