 Duplo / 359
Re: Duplo Printed Bricks Database
Newsgroups:
lugnet.duplo
Date:
Sun, 27 May 2001 04:08:13 GMT

Greetings!  I have completed the first draft of a new Duplo Printed Bricks
database and have posted it to one of my member pages here at LUGNET.
Here's the address:

http://www.lugnet.com/duplo/~250/printedbricks

This database was based on both bricks that I own and other information
posted by Maggie, Scott and Heather over the last few days.

Primarily I'm interested in the 1x2 sized bricks.  However, I've found that
there are some bricks of other sizes that have some pretty neat designs such
as the 2x4 Apple & Sack one.  I think that for now I'm going to include
these "odd" sized bricks in the database.

I've just finished spending four hours cleaning my collection of Duplo
in order to give it to my son (18 months). I so happens that yesterday
I was reading about your quest for a catalog of printed Duplo pieces,
so while I was cleaning, I diverted anything and everything that was
printed. I must point out that I took you literally and separated
*everything* that had printing on it and in re-reading your message I
now note that you are concentrating on the 1x2 bricks. Perhaps you'll
consider  expanding it to include all pieces that are printed? I have
55 printed pieces, of which four are listed on the Lugnet page you
specified. A fifth is a possibility (Yellow brick, red telephone, but
your database says it only has blue (iirc) buttons - mine has:
GYB
YBG
BGY
GYB

G,Y & B refer to colours, in case you hadn't guessed. Is this a new
telephone?

Some of the others I have:
1x2x2's Ketchup bottle and tomato (on blue)
Jar of jam (on blue)
Carton with single corn cob on printed on side (maybe it's
supposed to be a grocery bag, but it looks like a
carton) (on red)
Ketchup(?) bottle and can of olives(?) (on yellow)
2x4x1's Yellow brick with "POLICE"
Blue brick with "STATION"
1x4x3 Black clock with red movable hands on yellow brick

2x2x1's Single Eyes - Black and white eye on yellow brick
Black and red eye on red brick
Double Eyes - Black and white eye on yellow brick
(eyes are on Black and white eye on white brick
opposite sides)

2x2x1.75 (no, not 2x2x2) Yellow brick with rounded top and red
and white life preserver. Probably goes with..
Vehicles:
Red boat with yellow anchors on bow
Blue truck cab with black and white headlights and yellow
radiator grille
Green motorcycle with yellow and black "2" (in an oval) on
fuel tank
Safari car (all white)with black zebra striping and yellow
headlights
Octan car (white body on green chassis) - red stripe on sides,
green/red/black logo, yellow headlights goes with...
matching Octan 2-wheel trailer (all white) with red and green
stripes

Lets not foget the people:
Big giant heads (not from third rock):
Rabbit face with red ears and hair (2x4x4)
Cat face with black ears and hair (2x4x3.5)
Smiling face with red circular dimples (2x4x2)
Smiling face with freckles (no dimples) (2x4x2)
Faces (3 types) with eyes (that can be moved): black and white eyes on
red, yellow or green 2x4x2 bricks.

"short" people (bodies are 2x2x.85 high):
Blue body with bow tie, yellow head, red hair
Black body, yellow head, brown hair
"tall" people (white heads, bodies are less than 2x2, but 1 high):
Green body Brown hair, female, looking right
Yellow hair, female, looking left
Blue body Brown hair, kid, looking right, with freckes
Black hair, looking left, with moustache
Red hair, looking left, freckled nose
Grey cowboy hat, looking left, freckled nose
"chineese syle" blue hat, looking right, with
freckles
Red bodies Yellow hair, looking left, freckled semi-
circular nose, narrow smile
Brown hair, looking left, freckled nose, wide
smile
Yellow hat, male, heavy eyebrows, looking left

Black bodies: 2 styles with two subtle variations here:
Dog head with floppy ears.
version 1 looks right - center of stud
reads "Duplo". Stud will attach to
other Duplo, but not lego
version 2 looks left - center of stud
reads "Lego". Stud will *not* attach
to other Duplo (too small) but will
attach to Lego
Male face with black police cap
version 1 has wide nose and wide, almost flat
smile) - looking inside the base, the
plastic is shiny and reads:
(c) 13 Lego A/S interlego  AG
version 2 has narrow nose and narrow
semi-circular smile - looking inside
the base, the plastic is dull and
reads:
(c) 14 Lego A/S interlego  AG
Articulated people (moveable arms and legs):
Blue overalls, red body, white construction hat
Blue pants, yellow body, brown cap
Grey pants, white shirt with pockets, white safari hat

And finally, the animals:
Elephant (grey) with black and white eyes
Garaffe (yellow) with brown markings and black and white eyes
Monkey (dark brown) with brown face and black and white eyes
Horse (grey) with solid black eyes (no whites)
Pig (pinkish) with solid black eyes (no whites)

Let me know if you want pictures.

Matthias Jetleb
VA3-MWJ