 Duplo / 413
Re: Pictures from 3275 Bob's Big Building Box
Newsgroups:
lugnet.duplo
Date:
Tue, 7 Aug 2001 03:14:57 GMT

In lugnet.duplo, Deidre Rushton Brumby writes:
In lugnet.duplo, Matthew Gerber writes:

I'm actually a bit dissapointed...so far three major secondary characters
(Spud the scarecrow, Bird, and Pilchard the cat) are only on printed bricks.
I hope that they get to be figs in the second wave.

Which set has Pilchard on a pic brick?  Only two of the Bob sets have made
it to my part of the world so far, but I can't spot Pilchard in the set pics
on the sides of the boxes or in the inbox catalogue.

Hi Deidre,

This may be my bad...I coulda' sworn that I saw Pilchard printed on a brick.
I went back to the pics in my BrickShelf folder:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=5462 From Christian's S@H
image diving a few months ago. While specs have obviously changed since
those shots (we have both sets that show Bird in the pics, but only one came
with that brick), I don't see Pilchard anywhere. I put the boxes (and
catalogs) away in the garage...I'll go dig them out and double check sometime.

I too was hoping Pilchard would be a figure in the second wave. I'm less
fussed about Spud (for some reason I can't stand him!) and Bird has always
seemed to be a minor character so that doesn't fuss me.  Unfortunately I
can't see Lego making figures out of characters already on pic bricks :(

You're not alone...my wife can't stand Spud...

Matt