 Duplo / 377
376  |  378
Subject:
Found the Rabbit (it was Belville not Duplo)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.duplo, lugnet.belville, lugnet.animation
Date:
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 15:18:53 GMT

With a little poking around here on LUGNET I was able to find the rabbit
figure that I vaguely remembered having seen in a set before.  Turns out
that it wasn't in a Duplo set but rather was found in the Belville theme
(set 5824 specifically).

Thanks to John & Scott for responding to my post and setting me straight on
the fact that Thumper is the rabbit from Bambi and that Pooh's friend is
just called Rabbit (it's all coming back to me now).

I had been thinking about that Belville Bunny because of some ideas I have
about creating some LEGO stop motion animation of scenes from Monty Python's
Holy Grail.

This idea has been on my "Project List" for a long time but is actually
pretty far down the list because of it's lack of originality.  I know that
there have been others who have created dioramas of scenes from the movie.
LEGO itself had several references to the movie incorporated into it's
Knight's Kingdom scene that was part of last year's Soccer Bus Tour.

The set-up on the bus was actually the first time I spotted this rabbit.
Here's a picture that Dan Boger took of the scene:

http://www.peeron.com/pics/Soccer/thumbnails/bunny.jpg.html

To me, the bunny in that setting takes on an aura of demented danger.

Anyway, one of these days I hope to animate some of the Holy Grail scenes -
I don't think anyone has done that yet* (if they have I'd love to see them).
My duplo cow is ready to be hurled from the top of castle walls!

Greg

*Feel free to be inspired by this post to do it first!