 Duplo / 388
387  |  389
Subject:
Duplo Figure Causes Injury. Help Sought From Parents/LEGO.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.duplo, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 00:08:32 GMT

So, being the rotten LEGO parent I am, I gave my daughter one of her Bob the
Builder sets today (I couldn't wait...er, I couldn't make HER wait...ya,
that's it...until her birthday next week). It was "Bob, Lofty and the Mice.
A wonderful set, to be sure, and very well done. It did mark the first time,
however, that one of the Duplo figures made it's way into our house (Primo,
Winnie-the-Pooh and Lisa, the Duplo Doll prior).

So, we're playing with Bob and Lofty on the floor, and I go to put Bob's
legs straight after my daughter had him sitting in the cab of the truck. The
mechanism to add tension to the leg assembley causes the legs to softly snap
into position. The skin of my finger was caught and pinched really good in
between the back of the legs and the torso, where they meet.

It seems really odd to me, that a toy from LEGO, and especially one targeted
at the 2+ age range, would have these two 90° angles come together at their
points, with a snapping action...it's dangerous.

I intend to use a rotary tool, or an Exacto knife, to round off the top of
the legs where they meet the torso, so that my daughter doesn't get pinched
in the same way.

Has anyone else run into this problem, and/or come up with a solution?

Matt

(X'd to .dear-lego by way of complaint, but just FUT .duplo)