 Duplo / 395
Re: Duplo Figure Causes Injury. Help Sought From Parents/LEGO.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.duplo
Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 04:41:22 GMT

In lugnet.duplo, Deidre Rushton Brumby writes:
In lugnet.duplo, Matthew Gerber writes:
<snipped for space>
It seems really odd to me, that a toy from LEGO, and especially one targeted
at the 2+ age range, would have these two 90° angles come together at their
points, with a snapping action...it's dangerous.

I intend to use a rotary tool, or an Exacto knife, to round off the top of
the legs where they meet the torso, so that my daughter doesn't get pinched
in the same way.

Has anyone else run into this problem, and/or come up with a solution?

Me again, I've just got hold of the same set (and 3276 which I've yet to open).
I am currently sitting in my office without any "normal" Duplo figures so I
can't be specific on the differences (which I may be imagining), but Bob
does look different at the "waist" area on the back.  Try as I might I can't
catch my skin in him though.

Will do a scientific Duplo figure analysis sometime this weekend and get
back to you.

Deidre (who got enough funny looks while digging Bob out of the box and so
isn't quite game enough to build the trucks at her desk :) )
drb@tasmail.com