 Duplo / 389
388  |  390
Subject:
FABULAND on a DUPLO set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fabuland, lugnet.duplo
Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 12:26:16 GMT

Hello

Set 2304 ( http://guide.lugnet.com/set/2304 ), a DUPLO Building Plate has the
text FABULAND on it. (you can see it on the bottom left corner of the
picture) This is very strange as FABULAND isn't produced anymore for over 10
years and never was connected to DUPLO.
Carl Watson and I looked around to find some more information on this.

The explanation we came up with is this:

In 1989, the last year FABULAND sets were produced, set 2305 a red DUPLO
baseplate was produced. In 1992 set 2304 was produced. The packaging of this
set was the same as set 2305, but with a green baseplate.
In 1996 the packaging of set 2304 was different with respect to 1992. In 2001
the packaging was again different, although the same pictures were used as in
1996.

The word FABULAND may be put on set 2305 in or before 1989 and then copied to
set 2304 in 1992. During the two restylings between 1992 and 2001, they forgot
to remove the word and therefore, it still is on the packaging.

But there a still a few questions with this explanantion:
1) Is it true that the word FABULAND was on set 2305 in 1989 ?
2) If so, why was it there? There is no connection between DUPLO and FABULAND.
3) Why wasn't the word removed during the two following restylings?

Is there somebody who knows more about this?

Greetings,

Sybrand Bonsma