 Duplo / 453
Re: Proposal for DUPLO® trains newsgroup
Newsgroups:
lugnet.duplo
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 02:21:57 GMT

In lugnet.duplo, Harvey Henkelman writes:
With all the recent newsgroups being created here on LUGNET, I thought I'd
suggest one of my own. One may ask,"With such little traffic in the DUPLO®
newsgroup already, why divide it further?"

One possible answer may be that these little trains offer more potential
than just DUPLO® in general. I've found that the trains make a great stress
reliever in comparison to say, scale model trains or even the regular LEGO®
trains line. Comments anyone?
Harvey Henkelman-LUGNET #400

Hi,

Unfortunately I can't see past the "with such little traffic" comment :)
only a fraction of the relatively few posts to Duplo are about Duplo trains
and most of those would be easily covered with a FAQ.  Possibly a Duplo
train section could be added to the trains faq? (I rarely read .trains but I
seem to recall this was something being worked on).

Duplo trains do come up in the conversation in .trains every now and then,
and that would probably be the best place for discussions that went further
than the basics.  I would say that the greater proportion of lugnetters with
Duplo trains have them for their kids, those of us hooked on them ourselves
are somewhat in the minority and would tend to discuss the finer points in
.trains rather than .duplo.  For that matter, enthused as I am about them,
other than imparting basic information, set reviews and recommendations
(best suited to .duplo), I have very little to say about them, I just build
and enjoy :)

Deidre
drb@tasmail.com