 General / 32881
Re: Bummer of the Week: LEGO Made in China
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 01:27:17 GMT

In article <3B96AF8A.B9BF6B50@enviroweb.org>,
Christopher Tracey <ctracey@enviroweb.org> wrote:

This bothers me
because, as some of you might know Chuck Taylor All-Star shoes are no
longer being made and Converse has decided to market the All-Star brand
on t-shirts and other products and that's it.

OT, but to correct misinformation...

Chuck Taylor All-Star shoes are still being made and distributed. They
may have been out of production for a while, but they are currently in
production. And a company representative has publicly gone on record as
saying something to the effect that they would be stupid to stop making
this shoe that's still very popular.

<http://www.converse.com/product/product.asp?CatID=4&PFGID=197>

--
Mark D. McKean - The Quantum Panda - qpanda@quantumpanda.com