 Administrative / General / 12633
12632  |  12634
Subject:
I resign from the LPRV committee
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 18 Apr 2005 06:42:31 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

  The story you are about to hear is true, but the names were changed to protect
the innocent.....

  Freddy-engineer used to really enjoy Tengul, a park where he and friends
talked about their favorite toy, LEGO.  Freddy enjoyed this park very much and
enjoyed learning and sharing with his friends there.  One day, Freddy became
aware of a bully in the park, named Jacka-dmin (he is also referred to as #2).
Jacka-dmin was a dominant figure in the park.  He made the rules.  He enforced
the rules.  He violated the rules.  He was quick of temper, and seemed to be
involved in many intense interactions in the park.  Jacka-dmin was one of the
first kids to play in Tengul, so he seemed to think that it was his to rule.
Jacka-dmin loved Tengul and always proclaimed that all that he did was for the
betterment of Tengul.

  Jacka-dmin decided to pick a fight with Joe-memba, another kid that found Tengul early on.  Joe-memba was typically a loudmouth, but it was usually in fun.  Jacka-dmin decided he didn't like things that Joe-memba was saying, and started bullying Joe-memba into saying only things that Jacka-dmin wanted him to say.  Given that Jacka-dmin was the self appointed rule maker, Joe-memba really was powerless to stop Jacka-dmin's bullying.  As I said, Jacka-dmin is very quick of temper, and broke his own rules of allowable things to say many times while trying to control Joe-memba's voice.  Joe-memba, could do nothing in Tengul, because he had no rights.   Joe-memba had paid a lifetime entrance fee to get into Tengul, but still he had no rights.  Only Jacka-dmin, the self appointed rule maker, had rights and power.

  Joe-memba discovered a new park in which to play, called Gulj.  Joe-memba
realized that Gulj was a nice place to play, because Jacka-dmin had no power
there, and had no more rights that Joe-memba.  Joe-memba made friends in Gulj,
and decided to invite them to uniite in an effort to free Tengul and the kids
therin, of Jacka-dmin's tyranny.  Joe-memba felt this was a safe thing to do
because Jacka-dmin could not punish him in Gulj.

  One of Jacka-dmin's friends, Jacko-dmin heard about Joe-memba's attempts at
solidarity, and decided to talk about it in Tengul.  Jacko-dmin realized that if
he did this, he could try to apply Jacka-dmin's rules and punish Joe-memba
without Joe-memba doing anything wrong in Tengul.  Jacko-dmin and friends
banished Joe-memba from Tengul indefinitly.

  Freddy-Engineer, who usually just played in the sandbox part of the park
(minding his own business) ran across a poster attached to a tree that told the
grand story of how Jacko-dmin had made everything right in the world by applying
Tengul rules everywhere.  Freddy-Engineer had never gotten in trouble with
Jacka-dmin and friends in the park, but was aware of the bullying nature of the
dminions.  Freddy-Engineer,  who also can be quite emotional, decided that he
could not stand by quietly letting this injustice unfold, and started talking a
lot about the application of the dminions' rules and how they were abused to
teach Joe-memba a lesson.

  Freddy-Engineer and others started talking a lot about the dminion's
application of the rules, and how they were unfarily applied.  The talking
became so loud, and the arguments so well reasoned, that the dminion decided
they had to do something.  The first thing they did was to banish Jacka-dmin for
a given period of time (not an indefinite amount like they gave Joe-memba).  The
second thing they did was to say they made some mistakes.  The third thing the
dminion did was to unbanish Joe-memba from Tengul, but only after he
acknowledged that the dminion had all the power and he had none.

  In an attempt to improve relations with those who had no power or rights, the
dminion decided to forge some rules that defined how the dminion could and could
not behave.  In an attempt to give the impression that these rules of behavior
were legitimate, the dminion invited a select few of those who have no power or
rights, to tell the dominion that they liked the document.  The select few
powerless and rightless people were put under control of the very person that
the rules were meant to keep in check, Jacka-dmin.  To Freddy-engineer, this
seemed like putting the fox in charge of the hen house, which by all rights was
not a very good idea.

  Freddy-engineer read the new rules and felt they were lacking.  One of
Freddy-engineer's biggest concerns was that the new rules did not prevent
Jacka-dmin or any of the dminion from banishing kids from Tengul for things they
did outside Tengul.  Freddy was appauled to read that the new rules actually
gave them the OK for future unfair banishmnents, whenever the dminion wanted.
Freddy-engineer started to complain.  He complained about the inadiqate new
rules.  He complained about being watched over by the fox.  But... given that
the weak rules were designed so the dminion didn't *have* to change their
behavior, and that the fox was in charge to control the powerless and rightless
people's behavior, the dminion did nothing. Still, the dminion didn't like
Freddy-engineer talking about them and decided to do something about it.
Kicking Freddy out of the group could look bad for the dminion, so they decided
to try to convince other powerless and rightless people to get Freddy-engineer
to shut up.

  Freddy-engineer got wind of this, and realized just how set the dminion was in casting their total and complete control over the powerless and rightless in stone, that he really had to take some time and think.   After about a week of soul searching, he decided that as much as he loved Tengul, but he had better things to do than try to debate an issue with the close minded dminion, who answer to no one.  Freddy-engineer would play no part in rubber stamping a new set of rules that guaranteed that the powerless and rightless stayed powerless and rightless.  Freddy-engineer resigned from the rubber stamp committee.

  Freddy-engineer was not the first to resign from the rubber stamp committee,
nor does he expect to be the last.

Kevin