 Administrative / General / 12690
12689  |  12691
Subject:
How to Spotlight (was: I resign from the LPRV committe)e
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Tue, 19 Apr 2005 17:08:03 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.admin.general, David Koudys wrote:
In lugnet.admin.general, Kevin L. Clague wrote:

<snip>

That said, fourthly, and really unrelated to this specific issue (which I'm
completely understanding Kevin's little parable), is that the more and more
people LUGNET attracts, the more and more diverse the wants and desires are
going to be--in the past few weeks we've heard "Spotlights should be just about
MOCs" and "Spotlights should be able to have everything regarding LUGNET", and I
woudldn't have a clue how to consolodate those two differing wants.

How's about this: Instead of a 10 item list of spotlighted threads, why not two
5 (or however many) item lists? One of spotlighted MOCs, and the other
spotlighted non-MOC topics. Shouldn't be too hard to code, and seems to solve
the problem relatively elegantly.

FUT: lugnet.admin.suggestions

Rick C.