 Administrative / General / 12736
Re: Legends of Todd
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 22:24:31 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, David Eaton wrote:

All in all, I think the Lugnet administration may indeed be headed to where it
really ought to be. I think the talents of all everyone involved fill all the
holes that need filling. If all of those in the admin team work to their
strengths, I think Lugnet has a great future.

An excellent post, Dave.

A few things I want to touch on - the Admins' basic idea of how the P&P process
would work is essentially what you described here.  We write it, work on it.
Share it with a few people and get their input, get the document into a finished
form and then share it with the public.  This process was interupted before it
was finished.

And about the emotionalism of certain admins.  We Lugnet needs are Admins who
can take people hurling personal blame directly onto them - people saying things
when they are emotional, and not reacting at all to any of it.  I'll admit, I
can do that, but it takes a few days between reading something offensive and
calming down enough to take it without wanting to give anything back.  Someone
who can respond quickly AND calmly?  Good luck finding that person.

I can't help but feel like Lugnet is spoiled.  You had Todd, who was a great
Administrator.  He WAS able to be quick, but always calm and coolheaded.  And
then he kinda faded away, and people just did their own thing for a few years.
People got used to that - I feel like what was expected of me wasn't a good job
or even excellence, it was Perfection.

Other websites don't expect this level of perfection - they understand that the
Admins are just as human as they are.  But then, other sites don't even give the
appearance of user rights - you go to the site expecting to be thrown out if you
don't follow the rules - the rules as the Admins interpret them.

-Lenny