 Administrative / General / 12650
Re: I resign from the LPRV committee
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 18 Apr 2005 18:29:55 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Dan Boger wrote:
I think it shouldn't be very hard to implement.  Have to add a chaching
mechanism so that each member's version would be updated no more than
once an hour, and not at all if they're not currently browsing.  It
would also work as a better gauge of what the community is really
looking for in the spotlight - could even have the default weights be
calculated off the average weighing of all the users.

Huh. So, rather than keep an individual's ranked posts, you'd just keep an
"everyone with settings in configuration X" sort of thing. Makes sense. I wonder
if there could be a limited number of configurations to start with, in case it
*is* a big performance hit. Like, only allow settings for a few groups rather
than *ALL* groups to increase the odds of people having matching settings.

DaveE