 Administrative / General / 12646
Re: I resign from the LPRV committee
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 18 Apr 2005 17:47:04 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Jeff Findley wrote:
In lugnet.admin.general, David Koudys wrote:
That said, fourthly, and really unrelated to this specific issue (which I'm
completely understanding Kevin's little parable), is that the more and more
people LUGNET attracts, the more and more diverse the wants and desires are
going to be--in the past few weeks we've heard "Spotlights shoudl be jsut about
MOCs" and "Spotlights should be able to have everything regarding LUGNET", and I
woudldn't have a clue how to consolodate those two differing wants.

I posted a possible solution to some of the Spotlight issues here:

<http://news.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=12623>

In summary, I think it would be possible to give indivuals control over the
weightings used to determine spotlights.  This way, the person who wants MOC's
spotlighted more (or less) can have some control over this.

Jeff

I like the solution but the implementation of the solution might be
prohibitive--the coders would have to weigh in to see how feasable that is.

If it requires a complete rewrite of LUGNET's current software, well, that'd be
a little crazy...

I'm just getting into blogging myself, and using Greymatter, and i'm loathe to
change much in the templates for fear of the possible impacts on seemingly
unrelated areas.  Then again, this is why I don't code for a living :)

Great suggestion, though.

Dave K