 Administrative / General / 12636
Re: I resign from the LPRV committee
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 18 Apr 2005 13:20:47 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.admin.general, Kevin L. Clague wrote:

<snip>

  Freddy-engineer was not the first to resign from the rubber stamp committee,
nor does he expect to be the last.

Kevin

Few things--

First, love the story telling abilities of Kevin--whilst being offended at what
actually transpired (as I still am, but that's neither here nor there), I still
smiled because of the prose.  Nicely stated.

Secondly--it's already spotlighted and in the list on the front page, which
means we'll get a flurry of posts about how the spotlight feature suxors!!

Thirdly, welcome to the other side of the looking glass, Kevin.
Disenfranchisement seems to be the norm these days.

That said, fourthly, and really unrelated to this specific issue (which I'm
completely understanding Kevin's little parable), is that the more and more
people LUGNET attracts, the more and more diverse the wants and desires are
going to be--in the past few weeks we've heard "Spotlights shoudl be jsut about
MOCs" and "Spotlights should be able to have everything regarding LUGNET", and I
woudldn't have a clue how to consolodate those two differing wants.

I don't have a good solution for LUGNET.  I don't personally think that even the
stepping down of the proverbial jacka-dmin would solve much.  Some would like to
see LUGNET return to the direct control of Toa-dmin and Sua-dmin, but we know
that ain't gonna happen--they have lives outside this little sandbox now, and
LUGNET is a heckovalot bigger.

Anyway, I was all debated out the last time jacka-dmin and joe-memba (et al) got
into it for the first round.  The only thing I'm going to say now is I had a
terrific weekend playing with LEGO (almost have all the pieces for my tan
go-cart!!), went for walks to enjoy the fine spring air, looked at the crocusses
bloom in my garden, saw the molted colours of the goldfinches--getting yellower
by the minute, and flew kites whilst watching the sun set.

That one weekend made all the difference in the world.

Dave K
-no profanity was used or harmed in this post (for a radical change)