 Administrative / General / 12637
12636  |  12638
Subject:
Another resignation: I'm stepping down.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 18 Apr 2005 13:37:36 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Dear Lugnet,

Following the recent events concerning Administrator responsibility to the community, I have decided to resign my position. Several users have publically called my motives into question - have accused me of using my Admin powers for a personal vendetta, have compared me to a dictatorial tyrant, and made other less than positive remarks. While I do not believe they are true, I none-the-less feel that it has compromised any future effectiveness I may have. If such significant members of the community feel that I am not qualified for this position, then I should not disagree with them.

I am saddened by the inability of key members of the community to work together. I felt the LPRV Committee was an important step for the growth and maturity of Lugnet. However, it is clear that it has failed, and I’m not sure how long until it is believed that Lugnet has failed. It is my opinion that Lugnet is being hurt by its own members – members who feel it is better to complain and accuse that to explain and help. Lugnet may have a chance, but it isn’t something the Administration can do – it is something the membership needs to do.

I will continue projects I have begun for the community, but not in an Administrative position. My apologies to Todd Lehman, Tim Courtney, Matthew Miller, Larry Pieniazek, Frank Filz and Kelly McKiernan for abandoning this project. In my opinion, these men have worked constantly to try to be as fair as possible. They have taken on an impossible job. They’ve made some mistakes – but not as many as your average person would make. I believe that they are the finest that the AFOL community has to offer, and then best men for the job of administrating Lugnet.

I will continue as curator of .space and .org.scibrick.

My apologies to the community for abandoning the transition project. Lugnet needs a lot of help. Everytime this drama happens, I am less motivated to do the work needed to help Lugnet move forward. I want to enjoy Lugnet.

If you have an questions regarding this, please email me at Lenny.Hoffman@gmail.com

-Lenny Hoffman Member #1168

PS. A short list of comments made about my ability to be fair and dispassionate:

Kevin Clague:
http://news.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=12488 “From your comment below I understand that you feel can do what you want and the rest of us are irrelivent. It certainly damages your credibility in my eyes.”
“I feel you disrespect the ToU by claiming you are using it validly.”
“If it appears that the admins are disprespecting the ToU by using it to implement personal vendettas…”

http://news.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=12498 “Unfotunatly, given Leonard’s post, it seems that all that we say here is irrelevent.” “By definition then, Chris is defensless, even when he was framed by Leonard. The rules are applied arbitrarily and only for the advantage of the admins. “

http://news.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=12462 “Could it be that you found Chris’ behavior in a different forum … that you would bring it to lugnet so you could have control, and punish him for it?”

Mark Papenfuss:
http://news.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=12494 “I said it before, will say it again - a few of the admins here are out of control.” (in reference to Larry and I)

David Koudys:
http://news.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=12491 “Bush made the decision to invade Iraq. No further scrutiny needed. Not that I’m one for ‘low blows’, but Lenny, are you listening to what you’re saying?”

Tony Alexander:
http://news.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=12435 “You people are killing this site and this community with your own little kind of despotism. Is this defamatory or rampantly disrespectful? The truth sometimes is.”