 Administrative / General / 12681
Re: Outside traffic [was: Another resignation]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 19 Apr 2005 16:06:46 GMT

On Tue, Apr 19, 2005 at 04:04:34PM +0000, Steve Bliss wrote:
In lugnet.admin.general, Dan Boger wrote:
I think it would make sense to import these feeds in two ways. One,
in their own trees, (classic-space.general, etc), and the other as
subgroups of related NGs (lugnet.space.classic-space).

Instead of a number of top-level, one-ng trees, how about clustering
these feeds under a single 'external sources' group. Something like
lugnet.external-feeds.classic-space? Or lugnet.loc.external.class-
space?

Right - have a top level group to host outside feeds.

Would something like that work? Of course, the other sites need to
agree before anything can be worked on...

I'm not sure about pulling a feed into two places. Seems like it would
make more sense to just have an @link in the web-interface.

Oh - I meant for each feed do one or the other, not both.

--
Dan Boger
dan@peeron.com