 Administrative / General / 12656
Re: Another resignation: I'm stepping down.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 18 Apr 2005 21:56:10 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Lenny, please don't go. We need good people here to help grow community.

Perhaps if we all shared more about building these kinds of things wouldn't
happen. I have always felt that way.

Please don't blame yourself.

I think Felix put it best some time ago:

"...then come the apple polishers."

Even I have had issues with you, but I still have respect for you and rather you
were here than not.

Same goes for all of the other people I have bumped heads with. If we were out
on the street corner, I'd rather speak and hang out with them rather than others
simply because they are LEGO fans and we connect.

I would hope despite the differences people have, we all value eachother for
what we are inside.

Plus being an adult, we have these issues. We get all serious and endlessly
examine every iota of a person's actions.

I say talk about MOCs! I say, opinionate yourself from here to kingdom come.
I hold higher respect for those who engage in communication about the Brick.

We indeed have a big problem here.

Look at the MOCs I post. Same with other people. We get no feedback, yet
everyone and their brother wants to offer their 2 cents about color, or surveys.

Not to mention the lot that hangs in Off-topic debate.
No shame talking about everything under the sun except building.

Delete the off topic debate newsgroup, it only distracts from the mission of
this site.

Take a look at the amount of posts in off-topic vs. general lego discussion.
Sad.

Anyway, don't blame yourself. Rather the people who don't really help to foster
community by offering interaction and ideas.

That is not to say you havn't flung poo or acted in a way less becomming.
YOUR HUMAN! So what, you have your limitations too.

As they say it is a thankless job at the top. Always prone to scrutiny.
To the rest out there, you can't have robots at the top. {or I would build them,
lol}

Cut people some slack. Then again, if you are at the top. Be kind, you have over
a thousand of us watching you.

Just build. When you build, all of that goes away, doesn't it?

I can think of several people who should be ashamed of themselves, self
included. I don't really think you are one of them.

If it matters at all, I want you to remember something you told me once.
"I do it because it helps promote what I love to do; Lego."

Hold on to that. I do.