 Administrative / General / 12697
Re: Another resignation: I'm stepping down.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 19 Apr 2005 23:42:27 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Adrian Drake wrote:
   In lugnet.admin.general, Richie Dulin wrote:
   In lugnet.admin.general, Duane Hess wrote:

   As more people moved to this utopian LEGO society, more infrastructure was necessary to support them - wider roads, new subdivisions, more regulations and of course law enforcement (the sheriff can’t cover all of the expanded territory by himself now, can he?).

This is often claimed, but I’m not sure if there’s evidence to support it... it seems to me that there are less posts and posters than there were two years ago. Perhaps one of the Admins could provide some statistics to support the alleged growth?

(Richie’s crude analysis snipped)

I wonder how much of the drop in traffic here is due to the theme-specific boards like FBTB, classic-castle, classic-space, and bzpower siphoning posters away from here? I suspect that the influence of these other sites cannot be discounted.

Indeed.

However, you may be missing the point of my request. I’m not saying that lugnet needs to increase its posting numbers, or active posters, I’m questioning the ‘growth’ which is claimed to require more zealous Administration.

Is there evidence for such growth? I think not, but if it’s there, it would be good for the Admins to share.

Cheers

Richie Dulin