 Administrative / General / 12462
Re: Suspension of Chris Magno and Terry P
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 4 Mar 2005 18:36:51 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

In lugnet.admin.general, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
   Chris Magno has been suspended indefinately for baiting and personal attacks. Specifically his ‘contest’ to drive out Lugnet Administrator Larry Pieniazek shows his rampant disrespect for Lugnet, the Lugnet Administration, and for the Lugnet ToU. Specifically this post and this post have lead to this assessment. Chris was not criticism Lar or Lugnet, he was making a very crass and rude insult - something that will not be tolerated, whether pointed at an Admin or at another user.

Lenny,

Given the new information about that the contest was not created on lugnet, and the fact that news of the contest was not brought to lugnet by Chris, I decided to reread the articles you cited for justifying Chris’ “indefinite suspension”.

Both the links you provide as justification point to the same post. I don’t see anything in that post that justifies “indefinite suspension”. Chris didn’t even mention Larry’s name, except as a direct quite from Larry’s post.

Could you share with me how a sarcastic prayer that was not completed could be a personal attack? The post he was referencing did a lot of explicit name calling, yet this post was not part of your justification for the 24 hour suspension.

Why indefinite for Chris and 24 hours for Larry? Could it be that you found Chris’ behavior in a different forum so appauling (and it was) that you would bring it to lugnet so you could have control, and punish him for it? That just doesn’t feel right to me.

   Terry P has also been suspended indefinately for baiting and personal attacks. He has gone out of his way to create more strife in this recent discussion, specifically this post and this post, as well as others.

These were offensive too, just like Larry’s name calling. Why “indefinite” for some and 24 hours for others?

Both Terry and Chris’s posting priviledges have been confined to the .admin heirarchy for the time being.

It is my sincere hope that we can all learn to play well in the future, including both Terry and Chris. As cooler thoughts prevail, and Terry and Chris show that they can co-exist in a respectful, civilized way, following the Terms of Use, and respecting all of the Admins here, I’m sure that they will be readmitted to Lugnet. Until then, I hope everyone can understand why this decision was made.

I think I do, but please help me understand how I’m wrong.

-Leonard Hoffman
Lugnet Admin
Member #1168

Kevin