 Administrative / General / 12787
Re: I resign from the LPRV committee
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 22 Apr 2005 22:37:26 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Kelly McKiernan wrote:

Thanks, Kelly, for your comments about this. I have only one point I’d like to make:

   But I simply don’t agree with the base concept that if an admin CAN do something bad, they WILL do something bad.

Whereas I think it is inevitable *eventually*. That’s not a slur against admins, it’s just human nature. But as long as there is recourse to deal with bad behaviour by admins (as well as non-admins), there shouldn’t be a problem.

I would question the clause:

A person may leave the LUGNET staff in one of four ways:
  • Resignation
  • Request (and grant) a leave of absence
  • Dismissal by unanimous vote of the admin team (minus the staff member in question)
  • Dismissal by one or both of the Site Owners
Why require unanimity of the admins, but only 1 site owner? Surely a majority of admins should be sufficient? One would hope they could reach total agreement, but one should not assume that will always be possible.

ROSCO