 Administrative / General / 12796
Re: Legends of Todd
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 23 Apr 2005 03:07:33 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.admin.general, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
To me, "abiding by the unfair ban while arguing with the committee" is a
worthwhile thing to do.

Using an example from our history, Rosa Parks sat where she dam-well pleased;
had she abided, things would be much different now.

Free expression of ideas has for some time now been stifled on LUGNET - Opposing
viewpoints, regardless of relevancy, are bullied down in the heat of the moment.
One cannot expect any more a civilized discussion of current situations, but
instead a wrath-filled attack that wanders away from the original point -
perhaps not intentionally, but with the same outcome of deflection.

Many of us did not pay our (admittedly small) lifetime memberships to belong to
that.

We chose to join because LUGNET was friendly, open to different views, fun, and
inclusive.  It is now not nearly as friendly, MUCH less open to different views,
not nearly as fun, and getting to be apparently (though possibly not actually)
quite the exclusive little clique.

Recent admin activity seems to mirror Animal Farm, and seems obsessed with rules
instead of with the real reason we all claim to come here.  This apparent
obsession turns off those of us who come here for fun.  We get strict rules at
work, and at school, and at home - we don't need them here.  That many have
lately been voicing discontent, and even leaving for other playgrounds, should
say something important to all those involved with LUGNET's administration.  The
sense of community pride which was part of why I and many others joined is
fading and being replaced with government.

Admins are not the only volunteers in LUGNET's scope.  We members volunteer our
interest, ideas, and community - some more, some less, but all with the hope of
getting something fun out of all this.  Please don't mess that up for us.

Peace and Long Life,
Tony Alexander

"I don't believe it..."
"That is why you fail."