 Administrative / General / 12891
Re: Legends of Todd
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 25 Apr 2005 17:37:20 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
In lugnet.admin.general, Tony Alexander wrote:
In lugnet.admin.general, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
To me, "abiding by the unfair ban while arguing with the committee" is a
worthwhile thing to do.

Using an example from our history, Rosa Parks sat where she dam-well pleased;
had she abided, things would be much different now.

Rosa Parks did what she did because the establishment was not interested in
hearing her voice.

Lugnet Admins, on the other hand, have always be interested in hearing the
voices of all members and users of Lugnet.  I don't see the need for civil
disobedience when the gate is open for dialogue at all times.

-Lenny

Again, I'm at work, and can't give this better attention until tonight if I get
the chance, but:

     While this may be true in theory, it seems that many here **think** that
the establishment is not interested in their opinions, and may feel inclined
toward civil disobedience.
     Please reread the rest of my previous post, which describes that thought in
more detail.  I don't think people feel free experssion and open dialogue is
being embraced at this time, and for some time already.

Peace and Long Life,
Tony Alexander