 Administrative / General / 12780
Re: I resign from the LPRV committee
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 22 Apr 2005 17:49:40 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Kevin L. Clague wrote:

<snip>

It was *never* made clear to me that other input was welcome.

If there was ever a softening of the LTT's position, I was never made aware of
it.  Given that Larry was the conduit of communication, and before the LPRV was
announced, somehow, magically Larry's emails never were sent to me.  If Larry
chose to soften the position and email it through a faulty email portal, am I to
blame?

Larry attempted to pin the faulty email on me by telling me I needed to check my
spam protection mechanism.  For security reasons, I always view my email through
Yahoo's web page service.  I have whatever SPAM protection mechanism that is the
default provided by Yahoo.  I asked Larry to check his end, and have not heard
back.

Larry has provided me with convincing evidence that the email breakdown from his
work to me on yahoo was not his doing.

I will ask this though, given that you knew the email conduit was faulty, why
did you continue to use it as a mechanism for communicating with the LPRV?

Given that I was never informed about a softening of position, the committee was
a rubber stamp, whether it was intended or not.

Kevin