 Administrative / General / 12851
Re: I resign from the LPRV committee
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 25 Apr 2005 13:52:48 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Chris Magno wrote:
Leonard Hoffman wrote:

  If Kevin felt he couldn't in good faith
continue with the committee, then he could have stepped down.  But doing so
publically has created so much of a scene that I can't imagine anyone has had
time for it - they are dealing with this.

-Lenny

re:  your last 5 words

What, you haven't been reading all two hundred posts over the past few days and
the four hundred emails discussing how best to respond.

See, this is what people mean when they say transparency. (1)

I have a HUGE post to go public, but i am sitting on it.  WHY, cause out
of respect i am hoping SOMETHING will be said.

Well thanks Chris.  Maybe you could tell us what that 'something' is that you're
waiting for?

BUT its been a day or two of silence on LUGNET, AND many more days of
silence on the LPRC list from any admin.

Only one Admin has permission to post on the LPRV list - Larry.  Larry is the
conduit between the LT group and the LPRV Group.  As I'm aware, this has been
pointed out a few times...

so tell me Lenny, what should I do?  POST?  wait?  how LONG should I wait.

NO ONE is even willing to tell us THAT!!! (2)

As far as I know, NO ONE has asked THAT!!!  Ask, and you shall recieve an
answer.  Sit around and wait, I don't know that you're waiting for something.
How would anyone know?

No one wants to read every private e-mail from you and Lar regarding the
minutia of lugnet;  BUT it would be nice to let people know whats going
on.

What exactly do you want?  Because there isnt some intermediary level of
informtation between minutia and the official posts made by the Admins.  If what
you want are progress reports every so often, well, that is going to take more
time to compose and correct.

If I have learned anything from this whole mess, it is to spend as much time
writing and rewriting posts, because if there is ANYTHING that could be taken
incorrectly, it WILL BE!!

I cant for the life of me understand how reasonable men (the admin) cant
see this.

Chris
lugnet #91

1. JUST once i would love to see a post from an admin like this:

"dear lugnet, you wouldn't believe the trouble XYZ has caused us.  we
are talking about A B C D and E, and when we narrow it down we'll let
you know"

??  Is that really so necessary?

"Dear Lugnet, you wouldn't believe the trouble this flame war has caused us.  We
are talking about whether to ban everyone, resign en masse, restructure the
administration, shut down lugnet, or work through it and try to change the
unfair perceptions of us.  When we narrow it down, we'll let you know."(1)

2. Dave E said it well, you need better PR people.

Could the perfect PR person make this mess go away?  And if so, then why doesn't
everyone just give us the benefit of a doubt and trust us?  Either you trust us
or you don't - a good PR person won't change that.

And right now, it is becoming so clear to me that there is NO trust going
around.  Doubt and prejudgments abound, but no trust.

-Lenny

(1)= Some might be a little suprised at this, but this is what we call a 'joke.'