 Administrative / General / 12720
Re: I resign from the LPRV committee
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 04:00:12 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Dan Boger wrote:
On Thu, Apr 21, 2005 at 01:31:12AM +0000, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
Most of our achievements have been in the under-lying structure of
Lugnet, and in the preparation for the Transition.

Actually, I'm really happy to hear that - is there anything you can
tell us about how the Transition is going?  Because from an outsider's
point of view (well, outside of the LT), it seems like it's been
abandoned.  :/

I can understand that concern.  The past few months, we have been focusing on
particular issues rather than general ones - policies on how to enforce the 'no
cursing' rule vs. working the Transition (from private ownership to 'public'
ownership).  So, in a way, much of the Transition project has been let go for a
while.

But what we did accomplish is a basic idea of how the Transition would look and
operate.  Sounds like a small thing, but really, that is the beef of it.  What
stalled was converting those ideas into something hard and fast (like a
constitution).  In my resignation letter, I mention "my projects" - which
includes the portion that I was supposed to turn into words.  This is also the
"hard work" that is difficult to do when I'm stressed out.  My hope is that I
can devote myself to dealing with those sorts of things now that policing Lugnet
is off my plate.

Sometimes I wish I could just drive over to Todd or Larry's house and sit down
with them and just hammer it all out.  I know we could get the basic writing
done in a few afternoon's worth of work.  The thing is motivating myself in my
house, surrounded by West Wing and my LEGO collection.

Hope that all makes sense.

-Lenny