 Administrative / General / 12654
Re: I resign from the LPRV committee
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 18 Apr 2005 21:43:55 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
Kevin,

You speak as if you are some great martyr for a cause.  Well, I hope you get
what you want - whatever that is.

I personally find this whole post wrong, misinformed and offensive.  The fact
that it already has so many spotlights just makes me think that Lugnet is about
to die anyway.  I hope thats what you want, because that is what you are doing.

-Lenny

Hi Lenny,

You're a great guy.  When I met you for the first time 2 years ago you seemed to
be an intelligent person with well thought out ideas.  However, is this the best
response you can come up with?  Kevin made some very relevant and poignant
observations of this process, which I might add is closed to the public eye, and
the best reply is a personal attack?  Isn't this exactly what we are trying to
prevent?

I think if more than one person has resigned from this commitee then the process
may already be broken.  The amount of spotlights that Kevin's post has generated
should tell you something about the frustrations of the general membership
regarding the fact that this process is not transparent nor will the new rules
have an open public discussion period before being instituted.

-Orion