 Administrative / General / 12719
Re: I resign from the LPRV committee
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 03:52:43 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Orion Pobursky wrote:
In lugnet.admin.general, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
Orion, a question, would you be interested in a story of the same events that
Kevin describes, but from my point of view?  Would that have been a better
responce?

Yes actually I would like to hear to whole story from you and others involved.
I'd like to se a version with no spin but since, so far, the only 2 willing to
share the story are from opposing sides, I don't think this is possible.

Being a History major, I can tell you that there is no such thing as a 'no spin
story.'  Every narrative carries with it the prejudices and biases of the story
teller - every story has a point-of-view.  In the West, we have worked very hard
towards a non-biased version of History, and so we write in a style that sounds
objective - and people expect balanced, nonbiased narratives of history.

Anyways, I wrote a version of the events (as alluded to), and shared it with
some friends for feedback, advice.  I'll work up a finished version and post it
here tomorrow.

As I'm calming down, I'd like to point out that Kevin does have some good points
- some very important points - about how Lugnet is run and how it should be run.
However, like I said above, it is the way he is delivering those points that
muddles his intention.  What could be constructive comes accross as destructive.

My wife has this beautiful quote on her computer: "Who you are is so loud that I
can't hear what you are saying."  I lesson I should remember, too.  But in this
case, I had hopes that Kevin wouldn't make his resignation public in the manner
that he did.

-Lenny