 Administrative / General / 12632
Re: Compromised Functionality on Lugnet and Brickshelf?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 18 Apr 2005 06:38:14 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.admin.general, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
I personally would be more convinced if you could find some threads that SHOULD
be there, but aren't.  Also include whether those threads have been spotlighted
or not.

The best example by far was the Toy Fair. Larry posted his pictures to .announce
and to .lego, giving it only a +1 (since .announce is +1 and .lego is -1). He
also posted it on a Friday (or so I seem to recall), and IIRC a bunch of MOC's
had come through around the same time. So it wasn't on the spotlight.

The issue was still around on Tuesday (when I wanted to make a reference to the
new pictures and *again* had to hunt for the post rather than seeing it in the
sidebar), so I made special note of it and mentioned it to Larry privately. At
the time, the post had 9 spotlights, 1 highlight, and an overall automatic +1
spotlight. Worst of all was the fact that there was a post in the sidebar that
had received no highlights OR spotlights, but was still in the top 10. The
biggest piece of news going on in the community at the time (IMHO), and it
ranked #15, despite having a relatively large number of upvotes.

DaveE