 Administrative / General / 12626
Re: Compromised Functionality on Lugnet and Brickshelf?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 17 Apr 2005 04:12:15 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Matthew J. Chiles wrote:
Here is a good example:

http://news.lugnet.com/announce/moc/?n=2723

No highlights or spotlights.
Post has coding mistakes making it difficult to find the pictures
The model (imho) is nothing special.
The photos are (imho) poor quality.

Yet it is on the top stories (#5, just before this thread) as of Saturday 03:00
GMT.

Yes, we have a problem with something.  Sorry if I have offended the poster of
that post (who is possibly a younger builder).  Just saw it as an appropriate
example.

-Matt :)

Replying to my own post and I don't think anyone is really looking at this
thread anymore anyway, even though it continues to be a "top stories" item.  I
just wanted to metion that now, 24 hours later, the conditions of the above
referenced post are exactly the same except it is now in slot number 7 instead
of 5.

Yes, something needs to be done on how things get in the "top stories" column.
Being a MOC post alone shouldn't guarentee placement.  Undoubtedly there are
other interesting threads around Lugnet that should be there and are not.

-Matt :)