 Star Wars / *9598 (-100)
  Re: next year

(...) No, I don't think that you can draw that conclusion. There's nothing in the movie to date it (by our timeline) and while it seems to be a retelling of a story (at least from the intro scrolls with each movie) it's not a given. I know the (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Didn't Lego state is was to be an "Imperial Year?"

(...) I'm convinced that we're going to see a UCS A-Wing, maybe even next. Compact design. Maybe 700 pieces. Can be done in red and white, so cheap to produce with existing stock. Not many new molds necessary; maybe just a canopy. James (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Didn't Lego state is was to be an "Imperial Year?"

(...) The brilliant aspect of such sets is that they in a way become easier for kids to collect, and that the initial step would basically force parents into buying more of them later on. From a marketing perspective, very smart. From a collectors' (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Didn't Lego state is was to be an "Imperial Year?"

(...) <snip> (...) Yeah! That would be very cool. Maybe 4 or 5 small sets with Technic connectors, and perhaps one larger set with a "landing bay" for the Falcon or TIEs. ~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?

(...) But this points out why the 2000 Technic droid sets 'worked': the EP1 droids were all skeletal and exposed mechanisms. Very TECHNIC-ish. The TECHNIC models were not accurate, strictly speaking. The bits were in the wrong places, the way they (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

"Selçuk Göre" <ssgore@superonline.com> wrote in message news:39FE7102.EA9612...ine.com... [snip] (...) IMHO, the Technic line is for building things out of Technic pieces -- nothing less, nothing more. (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Didn't Lego state is was to be an "Imperial Year?"

(...) What would you be willing to pay for that 13 minifig set, which should be roughly twice the size of the Falcon in order not to piss people off because of lacking scale etc? With a little luck, we'll get an AT-AT with some minifigs. And I'm (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Didn't Lego state is was to be an "Imperial Year?"

(...) That stinks. We need a ... minifig scale ATAT. with 2 pilots, 10 ST, and an officer (Veers). (...) Very weak. (...) Dear Lego....Get the clue. We don't want watto! We want..err..Stormtroopers!! (...) God I hope not... Rick (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Didn't Lego state is was to be an "Imperial Year?"

(...) Their license runs to 2007, doesn't it? We'll probably see Ep4-6 sets for the remainder of that time, with sets for the new movies being promoted more heavily just after release of the movies. And the bigger sets seem to come later in the (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?

(...) First, Lego and Star Wars names on the same box had been a 20 year dream for me, which finally became true, so I will say a very strong NO to this one..:-) Besides, I don't agree that Lego is producing bad quality sets in Star Wars line. Lego (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Didn't Lego state is was to be an "Imperial Year?"

(...) Actually, Lego did say that in an interview over at FBTB (for the link go to (URL) And I think this is an imperial year. There are no rebel sets (besides the escape pod which isn't from Episode 1 by the way). So the year couldn't get any more (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 2001 Sets When???

"Jason F" <jfabisch@alphawire.com> wrote in message news:G39FEL.I5w@lugnet.com... (...) Its (...) As I don't have a ZB here in Amarillo, TX, I cannot compare the release of this model. But... (...) was (...) ...for the rest of the list, the only (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: That AT-ST Scout Walker.

(...) I agree. A small, standard, off the shelf mold base will cost you, about 3000-5000$. That doesn't even include the cost of the hot runner (or cold runner depending on the resin and how the part is gated.) Then you have to machine it. The cost (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: That AT-ST Scout Walker.

My comment was based on LEGO's propensity for taking the least expensive route to solve a given problem. The set is supposed to retail for $9.99. I would imagine that it's pushing that price point with the parts included. There already exists a mold (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: That AT-ST Scout Walker.

(...) I agree with Jay - Chewbacca scores more "loveable" points with kids and parents. I'm also suspicious that Lego may make us salivate for a while before we get really cheap Stormtroopers. I'm actually giving the clueless company the benefit of (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  10/30/2000 2:56PM MST starwars.com is down!

Whoa... I hit the site every couple of days to see what's up with the new film (along with theforce.net and others) and today, inexplicably, it's down! hmm... I understand that things can happen, but it's strange to me that starwars.com could be (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 2001 Sets When???

(...) Wow, that's amazing 'cause my experiences have been exactly opposite. TRU and ZB get 'em first, typically charge $10 more than anywhere else, then a month or so later they start appearing in the 'marts and Targets. Oh well, I guess we all (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Didn't Lego state is was to be an "Imperial Year?"

I don't think LEGO ever said that, no. I think that people said that after seeing the AT-ST, TIE fighter, and Imperial Shuttle on the leaked list, which we all now know to have been correct. eric (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Didn't Lego state is was to be an "Imperial Year?"

So I look at the new sets and I see two Imperial craft, 3 if you count the AT-ST, which doesn't even come with an Imperial Officer or Pilot. The Junk Shop and Droid Transport can't count as it's the wrong movie. So that leads us with 2 ships, the (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 2001 Sets When???

(...) Part 2, forgot to mention. When? Well, usually the major Legoland stores get them first. Then about 1.5 to 2 weeks later, North East States start to get them. So once you hear about the first person finding the first set, expect NE states to (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 2001 Sets When???

(...) I live in Jersey. Around here, Toys R' Us is the last to get anything. Its a toss up between Walmart, Target, and Zainy Brainy. When the Falcon was due, I saw it at ZB about 2 weeks prior to anyone else getting it, and it was 10 bucks cheaper (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 50% off Star Wars Value Packs!

"Rob Drechsel" <littleshrimp27@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:G37pqH.J9s@lugnet.com... (...) know (...) I don't think this is a sale. The $34.99 and $19.99 for the X-Wing/Tie Fighter and Sith/Naboo Value Packs, respectively, are the normal (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 50% off Star Wars Value Packs!

(...) Entering the item number in the search box will bring you to item. You can put your email in to be notified when they are back in stock. These sets are available nationwide at the TRU stores. My local TRU had 3 of the X-Wing Vs. (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.us.az, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 2001 Sets When???

(...) Last year I didn't see the "2000" sets here in Colorado until the end of December... of course, I didn't know to look for them because I didn't read Lugnet as religiously back then, and so I didn't know they were even coming out. Your best bet (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  (canceled)

  Re: 50% off Star Wars Value Packs!

(...) Seems to be out of stock online. Does anyone know how to use item numbers directly? I scrolled through all the Lego Star Wars, didn't see it, and searched by "Value pack" to find it. ++Lar (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.us.az, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?

(...) All right, I stand corrected. I looked at the rickety hollow body and didn't look at the legs. --Todd (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?

In lugnet.starwars, Eric Kingsley writes: <snip> (...) look at it the more it looks like a Stormtrooper. I think we should reserve judgement on these new sets until we can hold them in our hands and play with them... All we've got is a 2D (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 2001 Sets When???

(...) Depends on where you are. I'll confess I don't know too much about anywhere that isn't North America, to start with. East coast USA tends to get them first, sometimes as early as mid-november, sometimes later, but pretty much always before (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  2001 Sets When???

Does anyone kow when the 2001 will be avilable? We will have to wait until first quater of 2001. Or will they be available at stores for x-mass season? Thanks (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 2 new MOC's

(...) When I made my Z-95 (I hope I get pics up soon..) some of the sources said Mara Jade had a modified Z-95 with 3 cannons, but I think regular ones only hold 1 each. -- Andrew, Agent 0007 (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?

(...) No, it is an Ep4-6 model. He has modeled as he having the cowlings, even with a silver cowling instead of golden on one of his legs. I thought that Todd was a "detail" man..:-) Selçuk (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: TIE fighter stand?

(...) I saw this on FBTB as well. Kind of interesting because the actual TIE Fighter is supposed to be able to "stand" on its wings (though the Empire is against it because it allows for independence) and the way TIE fighters are stored is by being (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.year.2001)

  Re: Ep IV tribute movie using lego chrcters

(...) There's another version out, each ep 4-6 movie is a 60 picture affair, and it's quite good. It does have vader as the blacktron guy w/ the castle helmet. the link is here: (URL) (24 years ago, 29-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  50% off Star Wars Value Packs!

Toy's R Us is having a sale on the following Star Wars Value Packs. I know this offer is available in the Phoenix Metropolitian area, and may be available in other states. You can buy them at Toy's R Us or at their online store: (...) (24 years ago, 29-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.us.az, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: That AT-ST Scout Walker.

(...) Not a great model. Good for pieces though. (...) The mellinium falcon did look sad to me too. (...) Very very good (...) Other than alpha team and SW, thats true, even for people who buy sets for the parts.(or at least for me) (...) Slizers (...) (24 years ago, 29-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: That AT-ST Scout Walker. (Hate ThrowUpBots and RoboRipOffs)

"Bradley Dale" <dinosauria_ca@yahoo.ca> wrote in message news:G35504.6rs@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) Why (...) they (...) that (...) Swamp (...) Oh no, am I going to make more disparaging remarks about ThrowUpBots and RoboRipOffs? Not this time. (...) (24 years ago, 29-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ep IV tribute movie using lego chrcters

(...) :) (...) Someone did - and sent me this URL. It's called "StarLego" and can be found here: (URL) to Alberto Donadoni for sending me the link. It's definately what I was talking about. I'm not sure if it's what Damien is looking for. James (...) (24 years ago, 29-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  TIE fighter stand?

If you look ((URL) beneath the TIE right next to the Stormtrooper there is what looks like one of the new girder pieces first spotted in the MovieMaker Set (1349). I saw this but assumed it was just part of the background. However, according to FBTB (...) (24 years ago, 29-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.year.2001)

  Re: 2 new MOC's

(...) I have used the Essential guide to V&V for this model and the pic you have scanned (thanks for doin so) is very different. The wings in the EGVV show only one blaster on top of each wing. It's probably easier for authors to "adjust images" (...) (24 years ago, 29-Oct-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?

(...) Vanishing from technic since at least 1996. It's okay, in my mind, as long as it all remains compatible. Duplo -> System -> Technic. (And -> Znap, but that's not exactly the same progression.) (...) So are the black connecter pegs technic? Or, (...) (24 years ago, 29-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic, lugnet.year.2001)

  Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?

(...) True, true (like in the Wassup ad) There are several problems that now plagues the Technic Sets (yes I am a fan and yes I will own those two). First: where are the studs? This is how a Lego brick is recognized worldwide. Bring back the studded (...) (24 years ago, 29-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic, lugnet.year.2001)

  Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?

(...) No he's not. Ep1 C-3PO was bare circuits. And even though the beams and stuff on the set are black, you can clearly see the gold paneling. (24 years ago, 28-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 4th Imperial shuttle figure....

----- Original Message ----- From: "Greg Majewski" <citrusx__@yahoo.com> (...) Actually, when the rebels landed on the moon of Endor to take out the shield generator, Han piloted the Shuttle that they had captured from the Imperials. -Andy Lynch (24 years ago, 28-Oct-00, to lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general)

  Re: 2 new MOC's

My mistake. Apparently you did. Guess that'll teach me to check before cross-posting. I uploaded this image from the Star Wars RPG books, which list the Z-95 as having "triple blasters" whatever those may be. (URL) image is for reference only etc. (...) (24 years ago, 28-Oct-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 4th Imperial shuttle figure....

(...) Well, IIRC, there was actually a scene in one of the movies with Chewie in an AT-ST and I'm pretty sure that Han was never in the shuttle. My guess is it's a generic Imperial officer like the generic Theed guard in the Flash Speeder that is in (...) (24 years ago, 28-Oct-00, to lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general)

  Re: 2 new MOC's

Hi Jay, Very nice work... though I thought the Z-95 had triple cannons on the wingtips? Or is this another case of "multiple books with different info"? I really like the laser cannons on the X-Wing. Nicely shaped. (I cross-posted to .starwars (...) (24 years ago, 28-Oct-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 4th Imperial shuttle figure....

(...) This might be a long shot, but what about Han being in the cockpit? I know it wouldn't make sense with the other figs being Palpatine and the guards, but if they put Chewie with the AT-ST, why not Han with the shuttle? Scott (24 years ago, 28-Oct-00, to lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general)

  RE: That AT-ST Scout Walker.

(...) Hmm, LEGO used to make actual color schemes instead of random gatherings of similarly colored parts. See classic space, any early space theme, or any early LEGO sets in general... --Bram Bram Lambrecht BXL34@po.cwru.edu (URL) (24 years ago, 28-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  2 new MOC's

Here they are: My 2 latest creations. The Star Wars X-wing fighter and Z-95 Headhunter. Ben Quadinaros' podracer will follow next week (if anyone wants to do some ldraw hoses for me I'd be very gratefull). I hope you like em :-) Greetz, Jay And (...) (24 years ago, 28-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: That AT-ST Scout Walker.

(...) I do not wish to argue over something that was my opinion (I never stated it as a fact). And yes I still think the same way about it. ......, Jay Cal (24 years ago, 28-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: That AT-ST Scout Walker.

(...) Do you really believe that? Come on man... they did it because it was CHEAP. ~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin (24 years ago, 28-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?

(...) This is one of the greatest things about the variety of elements LEGO produces, IMHO -- there aren't (obviously) an infinite variety of LEGO shapes, but they've thought things through carefully enough to make a very decent variety that can (...) (24 years ago, 28-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: That AT-ST Scout Walker.

(...) <snip> MY $0.02: I think as an AT-ST this set blows putty balls. As a $9.99 Lego Set however it is yet another awsome addition to the Star Wars line. I did WANT a strike force of wookies but I NEED Imerials. [sigh] -Lord Insanity (24 years ago, 28-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: That AT-ST Scout Walker.

(...) Good point, the echo troop would have had about the same familiarity as a chewie to a kid, even if the driver didn't. -Scot (URL) (24 years ago, 28-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: That AT-ST Scout Walker.

(...) I think they could have at least made it 15 dollars, replace Chewie with an Imperial officer, and include an Echo troop (same as that comes with the Snowspeeder). -- Andrew, Agent 0007 (24 years ago, 28-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: That AT-ST Scout Walker.

(...) All I can say is that the TLG version may not look like much it has much better moving leg action then my AT-ST model ( (URL) ). But the detailing could have been done better. The reason TLG threw in chewie instead of a Imp. at-st driver is (...) (24 years ago, 28-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: That AT-ST Scout Walker.

(...) Uh...no. The "real" AT-ST had a box-like mechanism in between the head and legs that housed a weight shifter and motors to move the head up, down, left, and right. They totally skipped this, so not only does it look unlike it is supposed to, (...) (24 years ago, 28-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: That AT-ST Scout Walker.

(...) Why does everyone here hate Slizers? I have two Throwbots, and I think they are great. They are better constructed than most System stuff, with gears that make them do things. And they are a great building toy too, I actually do Throwbot (...) (24 years ago, 28-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: That AT-ST Scout Walker.

(...) A "correct" AT-ST would have more detail, be entirely gray etc. A "correct" Millenium Falcon would be the same... But the system Star Wars is intended for children, and given that, I still feel that TLG is doing a great job with these models. (...) (24 years ago, 28-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: That AT-ST Scout Walker.

(...) But that's the point - plenty of people have built their own, and they're all better than the official one. Someone posted one a few weeks back of the same size, but with loads more detail. Why can't TLG do as good? I suppose the parallel (...) (24 years ago, 28-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?

(...) <snip> (...) I am not sure exactly how Eric J. meant what he said to be taken but I read it as such... "not about the imagination to see something that isn't there" I think to at least a few of us we don't see a Stormtrooper. I know you see a (...) (24 years ago, 28-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?

(...) It is pretty obvious to me that most real life shapes cannot be accurately modeled in LEGO bricks. To be able to enjoy LEGO building, one must have the imagination to recognize complex but common shapes (e.g. vehicles or characters) in the (...) (24 years ago, 28-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?

(...) This is probably a major point where we disagree. While I'm no fan of Star Wars, I have seen the movies (and I have seen "Troops" :-) and as I have said before, I think the head of the LEGO Stormtrooper actually looks like a Stormtrooper. The (...) (24 years ago, 27-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?

Two white throwbot feet are in the Mindstorms R2D2 Droid Developers kit. You'll enjoy it more than swiping the crotch off a stormtrooper. -gyug (...) (24 years ago, 28-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic, lugnet.year.2001)

  2-seater falcon

I'm not sure if this is old news but did anybody else notice that both Han and Chewie are in the Falcon cockpit in the Holiday s@h catalog? They look a little askew in there but it looks to me like LEGO listened to the many comments about the single (...) (24 years ago, 28-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 4th Imperial shuttle figure....

(...) The hands in the cockpit do indeed look yellow, but I'd bet real money (if I had any) that the fig in the cockpit is a classic smiley, not Palp's scowling face. And he's wearing a hat, not a hood. It's not Palp. (24 years ago, 28-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.year.2001)

  (canceled)

  screwy pictures: again

(URL) out the destroyer droid picture, looks like they turned around mini pictures of the same set to fill up the cracks. Screwy pictures Geordan (24 years ago, 27-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: That AT-ST Scout Walker.

(...) It's just a kids toy remember? If you dislike it that much then do what you are supposed to do with lego BUILD YOUR OWN. I know I built my own at-st because I knew lego would never make a reasonable one. Greetz, Jay (24 years ago, 27-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?

(...) Ahh, yes! That's how I feel too. My additional fear is that I wonder if they're planning some Saturday morning cartoon commercial where they show the Stormtrooper blasting poor Threepio to bits. Violence aside, there are two problems with (...) (24 years ago, 27-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?

(...) I think, given the information from the Keiran (sp?) the Lego Direct Producer, the inclusion of the rubber projectile makes sense... when you have both sets, you can make the Stormtrooper shoot C-3PO and fly apart. Of course, this moves LEGO (...) (24 years ago, 27-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?

(...) The other SW models look like SW ships and things. The Stormtrooper doesn't look like something from the SW universe. If you're told, "Hey, this is a Stormtrooper," you could say, "Ah, yes, OK, that looks like a Stormtrooper," but it doesn't (...) (24 years ago, 27-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Fun stuff from Jason Railton

(...) I've got a new acronym for that: MOSSAC (My Own Single Set Alternative Creation) Greetings, M. Moolhuysen. (24 years ago, 27-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LEGO 2001

(...) I was following this thread trying to figure out if onyone else noticed. I guess you guys did. Very strange hand thing going on. (24 years ago, 27-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Fun stuff from Jason Railton

I haven't seen this mentioned, but Jason Railton has done some great alternate models with Star Wars sets-especially three made from the snowspeeder. (URL) work! Yet another testement to the snowspeeder set. -John Van (24 years ago, 27-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: That AT-ST Scout Walker.

(...) Actually, I quite like the AT-ST. Then again, I also liked the Millenium Falcon. There are some definite details on the cab/head, and the parallel swivel-hip mimics pretty closely the way the walkers moved in the movies. While a much better (...) (24 years ago, 27-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  That AT-ST Scout Walker.

Is it just me, or is that AT-ST absolutely dreadful? There's been no attempt to mimic any of the detail, and the parallel-swivel hip set is ridiculous. This is an even worse replica than the Millenium Falcon. The Tie-Fighter and Imperial Shuttle (...) (24 years ago, 27-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  S. Fujita's LSW (was: Re: 10 min star wars (ep IV) tribute movie using lego chrcters)

(...) The closest thing I can think of is S. Fujita's totally incredible LEGO version of the original SW trilogy (Ep. IV-VI). He spent 155 weeks (!) producing models and photographing them. It's still images rather than a movie, but still very very (...) (24 years ago, 27-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Brain Powered

(...) John, Brain Powered Mecha...very clean lines! Not really the direction I'm headed right now but cool none the less. I'm headed into the "tons o' crap way over the top" style, but I really like the arm of the Brain Powered model. Bryce McGlone (24 years ago, 27-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: they are here...

(...) Indeed they should be here. We want to speak with them. We love their products, so of course we want to give them input, hear about what they're doing, help them out in doing even better products. We want a UCS AT-ST, a UCS Naboo Fighter, a (...) (24 years ago, 27-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?

In lugnet.starwars, Fredrik Glöckner writes: Sorry to interrupt here; Just a couple of observations/questions... (...) Reliable accuracy is indeed needed for both. Lego did very well with the Pit Droid, and I have all confidence that Lego could do (...) (24 years ago, 27-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?

(...) That sounds like a good plan to me, (...) To me, LEGO is about the imagination to create new things (or to find ways to represent things), not about the imagination to see pictures in the clouds. (...) Not really. I know an entire household (6 (...) (24 years ago, 27-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?

(...) No thats not it. I agree with you that it is a harder form to accurately depict without creating new parts but if they could accurately depict a Stormtrooper or other character then I would be all for it. LEGO should not have avoided the (...) (24 years ago, 27-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?

(...) I don't know, but I'll put my $0.02 down on Tom Stangl to be the first one to buy multiple C-3PO's and build a Gold Champion car (those hubs are a problem though). (...) Kit, (...) 'Swamp Muppet Discovery Kit?' best Lindsay (24 years ago, 27-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic, lugnet.year.2001)

  Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?

(...) Ah, so you're saying that the Pit Droid looks like a Pit Droid because virtually no other "gizmo" has the same looks? But the Stormtrooper, on the other hand, is basically a humanoid shape with a specific set of armour plates. Hence, as this (...) (24 years ago, 27-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?

(...) I can't answer for Todd, but I'll try and explain why I feel the Stormtrooper is not a good set. (...) It's not the building technique I have a problem with. I think that the Pit Droid, the Droideka, the Battle Droid, and even C-3PO *look* (...) (24 years ago, 27-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?

(...) It may be a nifty set, I don't know, but...it is not a reasonable representation of a Stormtrooper, IMO. I'm not much of a Technic fan anylonger, but had the Stormtrooper set had the quality , elegance, and reasonable accuracy of the Battle (...) (24 years ago, 27-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?

(...) Well let me try and explain my point of view better with some examples. I look at set 7191 you don't have to tell me that its an X-Wing. The same goes for basically all the System Star Wars sets and even all the Technic Star Wars sets except (...) (24 years ago, 27-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?

(...) How cool! That is just what I did when I was a child. I always compared Technic sets by the number of distinct working functions. I had almost forgotten this by now, and was happily reminded of this by your post. My fav model as a child was (...) (24 years ago, 27-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?

(...) I hear your comments on this, but honestly I don't understand your view. How is the Stormtrooper so much worse than the other Star Wars models? I mean, they are all just approximations of the real things, and even the UCS sets have flaws, or (...) (24 years ago, 27-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?

(...) Cool. So I guess my suspicion that the Stormtrooper and C-3PO sets are meant to go together was accurate... after all, it was (off-screen) Stormtroopers that blew Threepio to bits on Cloud City... (...) I'm sure that we'll continue discussing. (...) (24 years ago, 27-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic, lugnet.year.2001)

  Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?

Heheh... pretty cool. Now all we need is for someone to build a Chewbacca with a sling on his back to carry C-3PO around while he complains incessantly. :-) -Andy Lynch ----- Original Message ----- From: "Kiernan Mathews" (...) (24 years ago, 27-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic, lugnet.year.2001)

  they are here...

As I´ve always said: they ARE watching us... maybe we can talk them into doing the so much wanted UCS ATST??? (24 years ago, 27-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?

(...) Cool function! I'm starting to like #8007 more and more. What I don't like too much, though, are the elements which are "stickered". Or perhaps the patterns are printed directly on the elements? I hope you're not flooded with mail after you (...) (24 years ago, 27-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic, lugnet.year.2001)

  Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?

(...) Kiernan, Cool! Thanks for letting us know you are out there. I completely understand you not being about to comment on the rest of the thread but I am glad you are reading it and I hope you know where some of us are coming from. LEGO and Star (...) (24 years ago, 27-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic, lugnet.year.2001)

  Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?

(...) In lugnet.starwars, Greg Majewski writes: (...) As a representative of LEGO, I hope you understand that I must refrain from responding to the subjective comments (to which you are certainly entitled) in this string, but I will answer to the (...) (24 years ago, 27-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic, lugnet.year.2001)

  Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?

(...) Because some of us think it is by far the most disappointing one of the lot? And moreover, I know at least a few of us think it's a thrown-together pile of nonsense, expected to sell because it's branded with the Star Wars name- and as Star (...) (24 years ago, 27-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Ep IV tribute movie using lego chrcters

(...) <snip description of your project> Yes, one does. I've seen it, and I'm (fairly) positive I found it via Lugnet. That's why I directed Damien here (glad to see you made it!), cause I *knew* that if something was Star Wars & Lego, someone here (...) (24 years ago, 27-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?

(...) "As a Jedi Apprentice, build the model L3G0 Skywalker. Move up to Jedi Knight level and tackle Obi-Wan Kenobi. Then, as a true Jedi Master, try building Yoda..." T. --> thomas weigle | w.i.m.p. web: (URL) .iMMersE your soUL in LOVE. (24 years ago, 27-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic, lugnet.year.2001)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact