 Star Wars / 9527
Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 20:34:19 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Todd Lehman writes:

Not at all -- I think it's a great effort (except the rubber projectile --
but I won't question their wisdom).

I think, given the information from the Keiran (sp?) the Lego Direct Producer,
the inclusion of the rubber projectile makes sense... when you have both sets,
you can make the Stormtrooper shoot C-3PO and fly apart.

Of course, this moves LEGO further and further away from their vaunted
"non-violent toys" position.  Which I don't have a problem with, although I
would love to see them realise that and lose their inhibitions about making
more "modern" weapons- especially in the Star Wars System sets.

eric